• 63(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
(2016-02-05, 19:01)fritsch Wrote: From the spectrum it looks not good. The kodi screenshot basically has a lot of frequencies in the subwoofer range plain removed, furthermore a lot really hearable frequencies are also missing. It looks like a butterworth subwoofer channel removal.

Would be nice if you could redo the tests by directly decoding truehd sample to e.g. flac 7.1 with ffmpeg and compare the decoded output file.
It is Dolby DRC at work!

I will remove those graphs. It can confuse folks who don't completely understand things. I just wanted to say that we shouldn't really be comparing reference and non-reference decoders.
Could there also be some dithering by ignore some of the higher bit resolution in a 24 bit track? I've read some claim you won't get much(any) audible value past 18 bits or so.

Edit: I'm referencing the difference in the two non-Kodi pics.
(2016-02-05, 19:02)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 19:01)fritsch Wrote: From the spectrum it looks not good. The kodi screenshot basically has a lot of frequencies in the subwoofer range plain removed, furthermore a lot really hearable frequencies are also missing. It looks like a butterworth subwoofer channel removal.

Would be nice if you could redo the tests by directly decoding truehd sample to e.g. flac 7.1 with ffmpeg and compare the decoded output file.
It is Dolby DRC at work!

I will remove those graphs. It can confuse folks who don't completely understand things. I just wanted to say that we shouldn't really be comparing reference and non-reference decoders.

Just for clarification. Were you saying the Kodi shot was applying DRC?
See: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e574...0056fea50d - kodi in deed applied DRC some time ago, that default was removed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-22, 20:56)war59312 Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 11:01)Koying Wrote: @war59312 Thanks for the (very) thorough report.
Will go thru it this WE.
No problem. Thank you Sir!

Happy to help any way I can.
Hi Koying,

Any thoughts? Advice?

On http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2222055

No worries if no chance to look into. No big deal. Most stuff works nearly perfect.

Thanks again,

Wil
EDIT: I made a booboo
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-02-05, 20:27)_Spook_ Wrote: fritsch latest build crashes upon launch here

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Keep the reports in the thread where it belongs. That build is for v17 and not v16
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ups...sorry. Wrong thread!
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
I am using the koying 21st Jan build and enjoy it very much

Just read some discussion about the multi channel PCM and the pass through. I give it a try . And I found that the passthrough option give me a more "full", "surround" and "discrete" sound, I try to adjust the volume of PCM option , however no luck, my wife have the same feeling also. As discuss previously, the PCM should perform the same as pass through in term of human sensation, I am not sensitive to sound but the result is quite obvious, so I wonder if i have get some setting wrong, although it may be only a subjective feeling.

Here my setting:
AC3 6 channel movie
in Kodi
Number of channels:5.1
Output configuration:Best match
Normalize levels on downmix: disable
Enable passthrough:disable

Thx for all developer hard work , Kodi is the best player I have ever used
HD audio pass through works perfectly for me but I'm having trouble with audio sync for large mkv bluray files. Anyone have that problem too? Audio is always delayed by 1 to 3 seconds.
OK so i want to write once more!

When i install this version i only get sound when i turn on my yamaha 5.1 amp.
When the amp is off there is no sound comming from the TV anymore! With all other kodi i get normal sound from the tv even when the 5.1 amp is off.
Nvidia shield connected via hdmi to yamaha amp / yamaha amp connected via hdmi to tv.

Greetz busta
Quite clear ... normal kodi does not support passthrough on the shield ... so you have PCM only.

So if you don't power on your AVR turn off passthrough - there is no auto detection.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-06, 12:42)fritsch Wrote: Quite clear ... normal kodi does not support passthrough on the shield ... so you have PCM only.

So if you don't power on your AVR turn off passthrough - there is no auto detection.

I dont get what your trying to explain to me. With the normal version of Kodi installed i always have sound coming out of my tv with passthrough activatet and when i turn on my amp i automaticaly get DD and DTS with no probs whatso ever. Only when i install this special version i cant get any passthrough to my tv with my amp turned off. So it must be a bug in this version? No?
i have nvidia shield with harma kardon AVR-365 connected via HDMI 2.0 and 7+1 speakers which i is the optimal adjustemnts tha i have to make in sound for the best results?
also this built 30/1 is ftor rc3 kodi or rc2 ?
Disable passthrough completely and just use plain PCM output and wait for nvidia's v6 firmware.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11