• 91(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
ok, problem is , i do not find the section, where to enter, i know that i need to choose expert settings in kodi to see this section.
But where i can choose "expert settings?
(2016-04-05, 12:43)netguru Wrote: is it possible to choose atmos in audio section in spmc, or is it automatically detected?

Atmos is just metadata added on usually to TrueHD, but it is also found on some e-ac3 streams.
So for atmos on a Blu-Ray rip you would make sure TrueHD was selected.
Build : kodi 16.1 jarvis rc1
TV: Sony 65x8000
CPU: ARMv7 MT5890
Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/plf5pblgd

Anyone can help me? TV connects to a Denon amplifier by its S/PDIF interface. When playing DTS movies, the DTS indicator light of the amplifier isn’t turned on, which means, if I am not wrong, that passthrough isn’t actually working even through I there is 5.1 channel audio.
Anyone have the same problem as I do? What’s wrong?
(2016-04-04, 07:25)querty1000 Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 04:13)Lazarus Dark Wrote: I installed the Kodi straight from the Play Store on the Shield and autoswitching refresh rate worked, but of course not HD audio bitstreaming.
So I sideloaded kodi-20160220-eb18fdf-adddroidPT-armeabi-v7a.apk and then kodi-20160308-b881949-adddroidPT-armeabi-v7a.apk and then SPMC-armeabi-v7a_16.2.0.apk
but while HD audio passthrough works on all of them, auto refresh rate does not work on any of them.
Am I missing something or is this a known issue with these test builds? (everything else seems to work perfect in them)

the only problems with autorefreshrate i know is, if you are powering your shield on and the TV and receiver are not powered on or switched to another HDMI port the refreshrate doesn't work.
Well, low and behold, today I try it and its freakin working.
I suspect it may be because I should have rebooted at some point after installing the test apk over the standard Play Store version and I had not done that. But I have rebooted since then, so I think that's what fixed it. BOTH autorefresh switching and HD bitstream work now. Sorry for wasting posting space! Tongue
No 16.1 RC2 with PT version?!?!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
All the fixes are long in spmc ... so other than you have theological reasons to feel better when seeing a higher version number ... there is no point at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hey guys,
Great work here! Appreciate all the hard work.
Have been reading around here for a while so I decided to help testing some of these issues.

I just tested SPMC latest version on AFTV v2 and v1 but audio issues with 7.1 are still present.

AFTV v2
AFTV v1
YAMAHA RX-A3050 with HDCP2.2
SPMC AND KODI 16.X

5.1 Passthrough works perfect on both Kodi and SPMC
None of the DTS HD 7.1 MA would play properly.
If I force the 7.1 as Fixed instead of Best or Optimized the Receiver will report 7.1 but channels are mapped wrong.
Center would come out of Left Surround.
Same issue would happen whenever I toggle the Stereo Upmix as well regardless of Fixed/Best/Optimized.
I tried all available options with no success.

What I noticed is that Kodi scans and reports my movies as DTS-HD MA 7.1 fine.
For normal passthrough with 7.1 Best, the movie will start playing but the Information on-screen would show 5.1. Receiver reports 5.1 as well.
For Fixed 7.1 the movie starts playing and the info on-screen would show 7.1 but the audio channels are wrong. Receiver reports 7.1 PCM.

I tried all possible options with no success...
No HD Audio support von AFTV
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I got DTS and AC3 passthrough working on my Samsung Homesync by setting speakers to 2.0 and enabling both DTS and AC3 receiver support. THat's the usual of course, the MAIN thing neccesary is to set the HDMI port to STEREO, not surround in the audio output settings of the main system settings for the device (not Kodi settings). I guess the firmware got the two reversed, I just discovered it by accident.
I'm sorry. Why no HD Audio on AFTV Huh
The supplied Android version is too old and does not support it. v23 API is required and then also only DTS-HD will work officially.
Thank you!!
Could this be addressed at any point in the future or not?
If not I guess I need to buy something new Smile
So what would be the option for HD Audio?
Nvidia Shield ATV? Is there anything else similar?
I only need media player via Kodi. Don't care for games or paid content...

Thank You!!!
(2016-04-09, 03:13)CanadaBacon Wrote: Thank you!!
Could this be addressed at any point in the future or not?

Only the provider of your firmware knows. We don't have any influence there. For supported hardware have a look in the hw forum. Depending on the video formats you need there are plenty of solutions for you.
(2016-04-07, 20:41)fritsch Wrote: All the fixes are long in spmc ... so other than you have theological reasons to feel better when seeing a higher version number ... there is no point at all.
I don't care about SPMC. All I want is the latest Kodi RC version with PT. I have many things installed and I don't want to break stuff out do a painful migration. I want the latest RC with PT cause there's always core stuff that gets fixed

Sent from my Nexus 5
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
This experiment is finished.
Equivalent code has been merged by @fritsch in Krypton and I'm focussing on SPMC.

If you're happy with the current Jarvis build, stick to it Wink
If someone wants to continue rebasing, please open a new thread.

Thanks for your participation.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11