Current state and vision about AudioDSP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
giaur Offline
Posting Freak
Please anybody tell me how it works. I installed biquad filters on Kodi 16.1. Enabled it and sound is untouched. Go to plugin configuration - only 2 options, postprocessing and preprocessing. Enabled both - sound is not changed. So how to configure filter gain levels, is it even working or abandoned?

Please anybody can tell me how it works, for me it looks like nothing works here. I'm on openelec, hdmi audio output. There is actually nothing to configure and nothing works.
(This post was last modified: 2016-05-13 10:38 by giaur.)
find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@giaur
You posted in the wrong thread. Open a new thread or discuss issues in this thread, which is for adsp.biquad.filters development.

But back to your question:
This addon is only available for postprocessing. If you want to change settings go to AudioDSP Manager --> Postprocessing --> Set adsp.biquad.filters EQ mode as active --> open settings for adsp.biquad.filters and configure your frequency gains by klicking the adsp.biquad.filters icon and then mode settings.

Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries are available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
find quote
salora Offline
Hi, this addon seems very promissing !
will we able to enable some virtual surround sound with it ? like dolby virtual surround on a 2 channel set up ?
thanks
best regards
find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Hi salora,

this is currently not possible. Maybe some day we will have such an addon. Probably AudioDSP V3 or V4.

At first we need to solve many issues and release more basic addons like channel remappers and individual volume control for every audio channel.

But I also want to have a headphone simulator with binaural filters (technology that is used by Dolby Headphone). In the mean time you could give e.g. foobar with Dolby Headphone Wrapper a tryWink.

find quote
Gadgety Offline
This is the most exciting current development in Kodi. I wonder if, under Windows OS, FIR filters generated in other software can be convolved with the AudioDSP convolver?
(This post was last modified: 2016-11-16 11:07 by Gadgety.)
find quote
Oleg Maddox Offline
Hi Wisler.

I have Kodi 17 on both Windows and Android 6 (Amlogic).
I can connect them to my 7.1 systems that to test.

So, if your are interested in experienced in sound quality tester of DSP for Kodi - let me know.

PS. We also building self made system together with my son (4 channels). It is some school for my son, that to learn electronics... and he will use Kodi. He likes Kodi very much.
find quote
GranCanaria Offline
Do we have an Audio DSP now? Was looking forward since some time.
find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2016-11-16 11:07)Gadgety Wrote:  This is the most exciting current development in Kodi. I wonder if, under Windows OS, FIR filters generated in other software can be convolved with the AudioDSP convolver?

Not yet.

find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-15 15:42)Oleg Maddox Wrote:  Hi Wisler.

So, if your are interested in experienced in sound quality tester of DSP for Kodi - let me know.

PS. We also building self made system together with my son (4 channels). It is some school for my son, that to learn electronics... and he will use Kodi. He likes Kodi very much.

Sounds great. You can try my testbuilds. But they're a bit outdated. Currently I try to rewrite some core parts of AudioDSP to get a better interface and new features.

You're son has a lot of luck. I never had one during childhood, which teached me stuff about electronics.Tongue

find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-17 18:37)GranCanaria Wrote:  Do we have an Audio DSP now? Was looking forward since some time.

Currently we only have some older Kodi versions or my testbuilds.

find quote
Oleg Maddox Offline
(2017-02-24 07:24)wisler Wrote:  
(2017-02-15 15:42)Oleg Maddox Wrote:  Hi Wisler.

Sounds great. You can try my testbuilds. But they're a bit outdated. Currently I try to rewrite some core parts of AudioDSP to get a better interface and new features.

You're son has a lot of luck. I never had one during childhood, which teached me stuff about electronics.Tongue

Ready to begin )
find quote