MythTV Backend Kodi Rpi2
I just purchased my first Raspberry Pi 2 B, to see if there is any reason to be excited about a possible inexpensive FE for my MythTV Backend. I have several full Mythbuntu FE's running and working well. This is my first experience with Kodi, although I had tried XBMC several years ago. I have to say, that Kodi seems to run quite well under OpenELEC. There are a few odd behaviors, like Live TV not running for more than 10 minutes, or a few lockups here and there, but I have decided those are due to a cheap power source I am using.

Now to my question - please forgive me if this is a stupid one...

I have gotten live TV working, as well as the EPG, and viewing recordings. However, I cannot find the videos/movies that are in the /videos folder on my server. I assume that the MythTV add-on is using the API, which is what I have heard, and I have seen Torc using the API and my recordings and videos are right there. Does the add-on for Kodi support videos that are on the backend? Am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks
Moved to the MythTV section where you may get a better answer.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
mythtv,pvr addon does not handle videos from mythtv backend.

However, videos can be accessed using upnp in Kodi Videos, assuming mythtv backend version is 0.27 (Kodi upnp with mythtv backend version 0.28-pre does not work for me)

An alternative to upnp is to make available the videos on mythtv backend using nfs on the mythtv backend and use Kodi Videos to access the files.

If you are using mythtv version 0.27 make sure it has been updated to the latest fixes level.

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV Backend Kodi Rpi20