KORE Remote to KODI blocked by firewall
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit pc running Avast antivirus/firewall and a Moto G smart phone with Android Lollipop.

This seems to be an Avast problem but hoping someone here has been down this path before.

KODI works fine in standalone mode. KORE [and Yatse} loaded fine and can see "Kodi Living Room" so I know some communication is taking place as that is obviously not a default name for a KODI machine.

I did a manual connection method [apple bonjour is loaded anyway] and again while KORE sees the KODI pc it will not connect.

If I disable the firewall KORE immediately connects and works perfectly. I have altered as many firewall settings as I can see but only disabling the firewall allows KORE to work.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Ever find a solution to this problem? I recently decided to give Avast Premium trial a chance and have ran into the same problem you are having.
Not sure about Avasts firewall but on Windows its possible to exclude a certain program. I suppose that Avast should have the same option 0 try excluding just Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KORE Remote to KODI blocked by firewall0