THE Remote for Kodi
Hi guys,

Back in 2011 we have released the Constellation for XBMC. Time has passed and the remote, although updated, needed some refreshing.

After months of work we're pleased to present you our 2nd remote control app for Kodi media center: The Remote for Kodi. Go on and give it a try Smile

The Remote for Kodi is the ultimate way to control your favorite media center
The app is the most customizable, efficient and the best-looking solution for the demanding
* automatically discover nearby hosts and connect to them with ease
* layout and customize the homepage using tiles of wanted size
* create and manage filters for media - build your own queries and shortcuts for quick access
* browse you media with lightning speed
* search your media using Spotlight search
* play YouTube movies using the built-in view or by URL from clipboard
* effectively browse, search & filter your collection
* enjoy one of the many built-in remote control commands or create your own
* manage smart playlists
Looking great!
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Looks like a nice remote. Two things I noticed:

- EPG view does not take over the channel numbers which are in Kodi/TVHeadend. Channels are mixed up and given numbers starting somewhere in 600's
- No Radio tag supported in the PVR part. Could you please add this? Maybe a separate category for Radio, apart from Live TV?
@stryjek4 Do you have plans to craft an iPhone version?
I don't have my ipad just yet and kinda want to try it out ?.
@Brice yes we do, however - as with the Constellation - we have to carefully plan the layout to use whole screen and not to be bloated with content
@McYoshi thanks for the feedback, definitely will be fixed.
Yes sure I understand, that's cool.
Thanks for the hard work Smile
Wow, great job. What contains in-app purchase?
Hello there again!

I'd like to update you with fresh new features we've just added in version 1.3:
* Widgets for controlling the Kodi without even needing to unlock the iDevice (premium feature)
** Now Playing Widget - shows what is currently played on the KODI
** Remote Control Widget
* Grid views for Movies, TV Shows and Music
* Banner view for TV Shows
* Performance drastically improved within the app
* Long-press gestures for super-quick actions (play media directly from the Grid View)
* Bug fixes
* GUI improvements
* Extended HTTP POST actions interface - you can now create your own custom buttons (premium feature)
Thanks for the work: this is by far the best Kodi remote to date.

It seems that one (for me important) feature is non-functional. The volume increment / decrement buttons and volume rockers of the iPad do not seem to work. In Constellation, this enables me to change the volume of the receiver through CEC. Is this a bug?

Also:
(2016-03-23, 12:39)stryjek4 Wrote: * Extended HTTP POST actions interface - you can now create your own custom buttons (premium feature)
Could you elaborate more on this? Can I add calls to custom endpoints?
Hello,
I have constellation (pro user). I plan to buy this new application . I have two questions :
1.What are the buttons that can be added to the remote control ?
2. At the bottom of the main screen, Can we have previous and next track instead of fast forward and rewind ?
Thank you!
orecast for tunestv? Possibility to display cdart?
Hello

(2016-04-23, 15:53)chronoworx Wrote: It seems that one (for me important) feature is non-functional. The volume increment / decrement buttons and volume rockers of the iPad do not seem to work. In Constellation, this enables me to change the volume of the receiver through CEC. Is this a bug?

We will check it.

(2016-04-23, 15:53)chronoworx Wrote: Also:
(2016-03-23, 12:39)stryjek4 Wrote: * Extended HTTP POST actions interface - you can now create your own custom buttons (premium feature)
Could you elaborate more on this? Can I add calls to custom endpoints?

Yes, you can send POST/GET request to any endpoints. THE Remote supports json/x-www-form/text-plain body.

(2016-04-25, 14:41)oliv615 Wrote: Hello,
I have constellation (pro user). I plan to buy this new application . I have two questions :
1.What are the buttons that can be added to the remote control ?
2. At the bottom of the main screen, Can we have previous and next track instead of fast forward and rewind ?
Thank you!

• Standard (keyboard, subtitles, context menu, etc.)
  • Builtin function (http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions)
  • Special (key F1, F2, TAB, PAGEUP, #, etc.)
  • Aplication - open iOS application
  • HTTP - request HTTP(GET/POST)
  • Addons/Scripts

2. Next/previos track buttons are available in THE Remote v1.4
(2015-12-21, 09:44)stryjek4 Wrote: Hi guys,

Back in 2011 we have released the Constellation for XBMC. Time has passed and the remote, although updated, needed some refreshing.

After months of work we're pleased to present you our 2nd remote control app for Kodi media center: The Remote for Kodi. Go on and give it a try Smile

The app is the most customizable, efficient and the best-looking solution for the demanding
* create and manage filters for media - build your own queries and shortcuts for quick access
* manage smart playlists

Can you please add iPhone support to The Remote?

Also currently I can't get the spotlight search function to work anymore on iOS 10
Looks like a winner!
(2015-12-21, 09:44)stryjek4 Wrote: Hi guys,

* manage smart playlists

Hi @stryjek4 I finally decided to make the in-app purchase for your app because I especially love the amount of features crammed into this app, I also very much like the ios 9 spotlight search and I wish more apps had the functionality.

Please make The Remote for Kodi a universal binary app and add iPhone support so that I can use spotlight search to find movies using my iPhone as well. This would be amazing.

I hope you can continue to keep the app updated for iOS 10 which I am currently using and add more features. Do you have a testflight beta currently that I can try out new features and provide feedback before they come out?

Thanks

Shawn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
THE Remote for Kodi2