Solved Video information not extracted from files although setting is active
Hi guys Smile

I just recognized a little problem ... no ... let's better call it an inconvinience.
I access my video library using shortcuts in the main menu which lead to smart playlists.

Recently i noticed that the smart playlists seem to have a delay before refreshing and adding new media to the playlist, while new media shows up in the normal video library instantly.

Am i guessing right, that smart playlists are refreshing just in a certain rhythm?
Am i able to decrease this delay?

Thank you in advance and merry christmas to you all Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:
i think i know why the playlist didn't refresh the media.
It's a smart playlist which lists media depending on resolution and as i checked the video library i saw that the video information wasn't extracted from files. So how should the playlist know what to do ^^

But that's leading to another question:
"Extract video information from files" is active. But obviously Kodi didn't do that ...

Does anyone have an idea why it didn't?
The video/audio stream information won't be extracted until you play the file (it might be extracted while browsing the library, although I have my doubts, but definitely during playback).

If you want it to be present at the time of scraping, make sure the <streamdetails> information is present in the NFO (if you have an NFO) - this is what I now do, which is why my memory is hazy on previously when stream information is eventually extracted by the GUI.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you Milhouse Smile

That explains it all.
Playback wasn't necessary. Marking/"mouseover" an entry was enough for Kodi to obtain detailed video information.

I'll try your suggestion to create nfos.
I hopefully bet there are tools, which can create those nfos automatically?

I think i can google that ^^

Thank you and merry christmas to the Kodi Community
Sorry, but i'd like to open up this topic again, because i noticed something interesting.

The smart playlist DOES refresh instantly, but i think it only does when there's only exactly 1 new file or probably a certain little number of new files to handle.
I just added exactly one new file to one of my sources for the third or fourth time, and everytime after library refresh the smart playlist viewed the new correct scraped entry.
For clarification i probably have to add, that i didn't view or browse the normal video or files-library, before checking the smart playlist.
I directly refreshed within the smart playlist.
I also haven't created any nfo files so far.
I'm also sure, that the scraped files were completely new to Kodi and the data hasn't ever been scraped before.

The last time, the smart playlist didn't instantly refresh, there were more files to handle, i think about 5 +/-

Does this make sense or change anything?

edit:
i thinked about it a little more. The playlist which i'm talking about now, is viewing media depending on certain terms in file-names (3D Playlist)
So Kodi doesn't have to extract any video information, it just has to check the filename and know's what to do, right?

Mhm. probably i should adjust my HD playlist like this too ... no more viewing items depending on extracted video resolution, viewing items depending on the terms 720p or 1080p in the filenames instead.

Would make more sense in this case and solve the entire "problem", right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video information not extracted from files although setting is active0