Intro movie problem
hey guys. I have, don't know if this really matters, a MXQ box and I'm running kodi15.2 on it with the Xonfluence skin. I created a few custom intro movies for it but none of them will play correctly. They play, but I get the sound first then the video finally appears about half way through the intro. I have tried these on every build back to 14.0 with the same result. I have tried tweaking settings in the skin to no avail. I have even tried using different locations for the vid intro with no luck. The only thing I can think to do is change the video playback method from hardware to software but you can't do this on 15.2 on a Android box because that setting is greyed out and can't select it.

I have tried disabling the Kodi start up video and selecting the playlist and pointing it to my vid from multiple locations. I have tried forgoing this by keeping the default startup video on and just replacing the stock startup video within the extras-intro folder and this didn't work either. What am I doing wrong? is this just not going to be possible with the Xonfluence skin?
I am having the same exact problem, hopefully someone on this forum will have a solution :-)
(2015-12-21, 20:42)cougar214 Wrote: hey guys. I have, don't know if this really matters, a MXQ box and I'm running kodi15.2 on it with the Xonfluence skin. I created a few custom intro movies for it but none of them will play correctly. They play, but I get the sound first then the video finally appears about half way through the intro. I have tried these on every build back to 14.0 with the same result. I have tried tweaking settings in the skin to no avail. I have even tried using different locations for the vid intro with no luck. The only thing I can think to do is change the video playback method from hardware to software but you can't do this on 15.2 on a Android box because that setting is greyed out and can't select it.

I have tried disabling the Kodi start up video and selecting the playlist and pointing it to my vid from multiple locations. I have tried forgoing this by keeping the default startup video on and just replacing the stock startup video within the extras-intro folder and this didn't work either. What am I doing wrong? is this just not going to be possible with the Xonfluence skin?

Did you turn it on to Expert mode ? So you can change the play back settings ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Yep. Did that too. I put kodi on my wifes Galaxy tab 4 tablet and installed my build onto it and I noticed the intro movie plays flawlessly on her tab. So, I am thinking the core problem must be within the firmware on my MXQ box. I flashed my box with a custom FW because the stock firmware was glitchy as all hell and for some reason it kept shutting my box and tv down for no reason. I want to put openELEC on my box but I'm too scared to attempt it because I can find little information on anyone successfully putting it on the MXQ. And the info I do find warns not to do it because it wasn't ported for this specific box. I have new box coming that has the same specs as the M8, which was a phenomenal box, and I will load my build onto that and see if my intro movie plays correctly on that box. if it does, I will have confirmation the problem does indeed lie in the MXQ box's firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intro movie problem0