Logitech Harmony "Smart Control" now with Kodi support
Paired with WIndows 7 machine (that also has media center" installed on it. over bluetooth

I have reconfigured the MCE remote in the registry to work with "standard" microsoft media remotes in kodi.

Example: In registry I have mapped "GUIDE" to "h".

Works

But the guide button on harmony LAUNCHES MCE and does not do guide in KODI

The rest of my mappings work.

WeirdHuh
(2016-01-04, 02:18)sjchmura Wrote: Paired with WIndows 7 machine (that also has media center" installed on it. over bluetooth

I have reconfigured the MCE remote in the registry to work with "standard" microsoft media remotes in kodi.

Works

WeirdHuh

just use the My Harmony PC application to assign a different keystroke to "Guide" then assign it in KODI to PVR Guide.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-04, 15:50)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 02:18)sjchmura Wrote: Paired with WIndows 7 machine (that also has media center" installed on it. over bluetooth

Works

WeirdHuh

just use the My Harmony PC application to assign a different keystroke to "Guide" then assign it in KODI to PVR Guide.

So
1. Assign guide something like F5
2. Then assign F5 using keymapping.xml to guide

So when I use the Keymap Editor, would it be under global? I see alot of more specific PVR entries to map but not the guide itself.
(2016-01-05, 02:30)sjchmura Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 15:50)dukester Wrote:

Works

WeirdHuh

So
1. Assign guide something like F5
2. Then assign F5 using keymapping.xml to guide

So when I use the Keymap Editor, would it be under global? I see alot of more specific PVR entries to map but not the guide itself.

yes exactly, its a dirty way to get a fully working button set with a bit of configuring but for me it was the easiest way.

also, if you put it under global that button will do the function anywhere in kodi, i use different sections for different stuff, for fullscreen video i like the info button to do codecinfo, but anywhere else i like it to be the info button.
i also use some specific ones under the PVR sections but its not necessary
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Anyone having the arrow keys (over blue tooth) send 4-5 keys at same timeHuh

The ir commands using media center se device work but then you loose Bluetooth keyboard entries
Anyone having problems with the arrow keys to navigate (Bluetooth windows 7) repeating randomlyHuh

I wish I could.swap the media center se I navigation keys.but you can't. If.you don't add a Bluetooth pc then the back button won't Maputo the.zmart.phone back properly.

Also having a keyboard is nice

I feel like this combo of.bluetooth/IR MCE.SE/kodi keymap editing is 99% there.

Why it's so hard is beyond me..also I am.usijg 3 devices out of 8!!! (MCE SE, MCE KEYBOARD, BLUETOOTH)
I don't have the Smart but an older Harmony. It's my experience that most devices has a slightly higher "safe" threshold regarding "duration". My amplifier went up 2 notches instead of 1, and the solution is not intuitive, at least inside the older Harmony software. But I had click Troubleshoot then "my devices respond too little or too much" (or something like that, can't remember the exact ohrase). Then you can change the duration. I put all my devices to 0 and everything still functioned fine but YMMV.
Just got Elite and trying to setup it with Chromebox and Openelec. Somehow keymap editor doesn't seem to work just fine with this. Earlier with One and MCE-ir-receiver it worked just fine.

I've added Chromebox as Microsoft Kodi in Harmony config. Is there an better alternative to use as device for programming Elite? I really like how repeats and navigating in menus work over bluetooth. Just having hard time mapping some customizations for keymapping...
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Just added other Microsoft media pc with ir and mapped problematic buttons to it. Working fine now.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony "Smart Control" now with Kodi support0