Win Basic playlists - custom order?
dhello everyone, I'm new to the kodi world and one of the first things I liked about it was the rapier skin, much better than the default one I must say Cool

I'm trying to create and save specific playlists (in this case with different movies i.e., the machete order of star wars saga), but I just can't seem to get the movies in the order I want to be (i.e., Eps. IV -> V -> II -> III -> VI) Confused the 'basic playlists' concept as detailed here just doesn't seem to function, I can't see the queue list, the 'move up/down' options or pretty much none of the features from the basic playlist wiki.

I tried looking for clues in the forum but couldn't find any Sad

please help! how do I do it?

thanks and best regards
Hi timmyx and welcome to the forums.

Really glad you like the skin.

Let me know if this is not at all what you're trying to do.

Have you considered creating smart playlists instead? With them, you have total control of the content. To sort Start Wars I-VI, just sort ascending by Sort title.

If you just want to group movies in sets, Kodi already have this functionality.

Cheers
Gade
Hey Gade, thanks for the response.

I have tried the smart playlist, but I'm stuck to the setting custom order thing Sad

here's what I get when I create a smart list:

then there's apparently no option to move items up or down as described before in basic playlists (see below). also, when I choose 'edit playlist' I only get the prompt with the smart playlist options (which gives no option to use a custom order to set the movies). the 'order by' field does not give one freedom to choose custom orders

am I missing something? I noticed that the upper border 'order by' and 'sort by' fields also didn't help

tks again
In smart playlists you set everything using rules and Order By/Group By.

Order By : Sort Title / Ascending

Group By: None

That's it.

Were you able to get the movies in the IV-V-II-III-VI order using that?

names are:

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of The Sith
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

they keep getting sorted either by name, (I-II-...VI) or by year, both of which are not the intended sequence regardless of what is chosen on the 'sort by' field

Sad
Ah, I thought you just wanted them sorted from I-VI.

Why would you want that order?
It's the best order to enjoy the story and drama of the series. For reference: http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11...ing-order/

Anyhow, the ability to create a playlist with custom media orders should really be available Sad
Ok, I see.

The playlists thing is not at all a skin question, and I don't know if what you're trying to do is possible.

But you can try to ask elsewhere in these forums. There's a lot of people here much more capable than me in these parts of Kodi.
I'll try to do that. But thanks for your patience Gade Wink
Not sure if this would work:

6 playlist, one per movie. Give each playlist a number, and then create a master playlist that plays them in the order you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Basic playlists - custom order?0