MQ6 - video playlists as widgets
In MQ6 I have noticed that you can set a video playlist/smart playlist as a widget, which is great. However for some reason in the widget selector only one of my playlists is showing. Perhaps there are some limitations that I am not aware of.

Is there any way I can manually add a playlist into the widget selector?
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

When you put new smartplaylist item on main menu via customization main menu, you have widget available for your smartplaylist, something like this, you need navigate to right for see.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks for your response, yes I am fine with the procedure for adding the playlist widgets. my problem is that only one of my playlists appears in the widget selector (in the place you mention). I have 3 video playlists at the moment - shouldn't all 3 be there as an option?

Maybe I will delete the playlists that aren't showing up and create new ones and see if it works then. I was just wondering if there was a manual way to get something into the widget selector.
Devices
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2

You need 3 items in main menu for appear on flexible widget, turn off option SHOW in customize main menu, if only need smartplaylist item appear on flexible widget, but not in main menu per si.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Riiiight...... so if I want a particular playlist as a widget I need to have that playlist somewhere on my main menu? Does it have to be a main menu item or can it be in submenu for it show up as widget?

I knew there must be some limitation like this, it didn't make sense otherwise.
Devices

(2015-12-23, 15:06)flekz Wrote: Riiiight...... so if I want a particular playlist as a widget I need to have that playlist somewhere on my main menu? Does it have to be a main menu item or can it be in submenu for it show up as widget?

I knew there must be some limitation like this, it didn't make sense otherwise.

You make it as a main menu item, then you uncheck the SHOW option. That hides it, but allows you to use it as a widget in whatever spot you would like. For example:

The items that say menu-title are playlists that only show 75 titles ordered as Date Added-Descending. The actual menu item that I use goes into the FULL library.
Thanks for your answer - I like that idea. Although we are limited to the number of home menu items we can set up aren't we.

What about if I use different home menu presets. If I make a preset with various video playlists as home menu items, can I use these as widgets in my other (main) home menu preset? Smile
Devices

(2015-12-23, 18:52)flekz Wrote: Thanks for your answer - I like that idea. Although we are limited to the number of home menu items we can set up aren't we.

What about if I use different home menu presets. If I make a preset with various video playlists as home menu items, can I use these as widgets in my other (main) home menu preset? Smile

Damn good question! I'll report back after I test that out if you haven't beaten me to it Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ6 - video playlists as widgets0