Live TV Crash
I've been noticing some weirdness lately with my TV. First off, a few details. I use NextPRV, HDHomeRun Connect (the network one), and I have the HDHR addon installed. After a while of watching TV the screen goes black. At first, I can still hear the audio for a while but after a while it's just black screen and no sound or anything. If I switch between fullscreen and windowed sometimes I can get as far back as showing the guide but I can't go anywhere from there. Usually I can go anywhere and have to task manager out. I turned on debugging to catch it and when the screen went black I noticed that the OSD of the debug text (eg. CPU%, Debugging Mode Text, etc,) was all frozen too. Here's what I could get from my log. I hope it helps.

http://goo.gl/bBrrGf

I did want to mention one more thing and assume its a different problem but want to mention it just in case. I have the c:\Temp folder set up for if I pause my show. I never do but I'm guessing there is an always-recording file in there just in case I hit pause. Every couple of days (3 at the most) I notice some lagging and notice I am low on disc space. When I check that folder there are hundreds of video files in there. Seems like when things are working right that there are only ever a couple of files in there but every couple days that folder is loaded up with GB of files and I have to empty it. I don't know if this is being triggered to save all the files in there once the TV crashes or it's something else. Thanks for the help.
(2015-12-24, 03:27)nolos Wrote: I did want to mention one more thing and assume its a different problem but want to mention it just in case. I have the c:\Temp folder set up for if I pause my show. I never do but I'm guessing there is an always-recording file in there just in case I hit pause. Every couple of days (3 at the most) I notice some lagging and notice I am low on disc space. When I check that folder there are hundreds of video files in there. Seems like when things are working right that there are only ever a couple of files in there but every couple days that folder is loaded up with GB of files and I have to empty it.
If you want to post the logs over at the NextPVR forums, I'm happy to look into this for you. There should be 4 files maximum for the these temp files, and they should be deleted after stop watching live tv.
Hi sub,

This sounds similar to the problem I was having with Kodi freezing up. I run mine on RPi2 with Openelec but it sounds like a similar issue so maybe it's Kodi related?

I can also confirm that I have the same problem with the temp files, I have a scheduled task to run each night to delete them all otherwise they fill my HDD.

Thanks,

Shane

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Crash0