NOOB, starting a new build using nox 5, need help with playlists/shortcuts etc
Ok, had a browse through a few pages, tried the search option, but there is just too much info, and nothing specific and straightforward.

So please, don't troll/moan, would really appreciate a point in the right direction.

I have done a fresh install of kodi 15.2 and aeon nox 5.

I have a nas server which has all my movies and tv shows on it, set up in separate folders (Movies, Marvel Movies, Kids Movies, TV Shows etc)
I would like to add them as different headings to my build, I know how to change the headings, but I cant figure out how to point them to the folders. Tried mucking around with the create smart playlist option.
But when I click browse, to hopefully point it to my folders, it comes up blank.
Should also add, i'd like them to show up with boxart/metadata etc. Is there an addon/script incorporated into this build, or do I have to install separate stuff

There is a number of other things that I will try to accomplish in time, but 1 other thing I would like a little info on for now, is how to point shortcuts to certain folders within addons.
I would like to add my own custom sections, that are very popular on builds such as "the beast". E.g Man Cave section, with submenus, pointing to stand up within phoenix, or top gangster movies etc.
A small hint on how you figure out the address of such sub categories within addons, then I can customise to suit my build, change them when addons eventually phase out etc.

Thanks in advance
For the first part, do you have the videos scanned into the Kodi library? Smart playlists will only work with library content, which will also add allele of the metadata (and some of the art, too). See Adding videos to the library (wiki).

For the second part - and this is assuming Nox 5, and not one of the mods such as Nox 5 Silvo which work slightly differently - open the submenu customiser, click the 'Type' button in the middle until Add-Ons are displayed on the right, select the add-on you want and keep drilling down until you get to the folder you want a shortcut to. Then 'Create shortcut to here'.
(2015-12-24, 16:53)BobCratchett Wrote: For the first part, do you have the videos scanned into the Kodi library? Smart playlists will only work with library content, which will also add allele of the metadata (and some of the art, too). See Adding videos to the library (wiki).

For the second part - and this is assuming Nox 5, and not one of the mods such as Nox 5 Silvo which work slightly differently - open the submenu customiser, click the 'Type' button in the middle until Add-Ons are displayed on the right, select the add-on you want and keep drilling down until you get to the folder you want a shortcut to. Then 'Create shortcut to here'.

Thanks, figured out how to make movie and tv show libraries. Will have a play around later with the submenu stuff.

Much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOOB, starting a new build using nox 5, need help with playlists/shortcuts etc1