[Solved] Channels won't play on XBMC
Hello all!

Basically, I updated my house and installed CAT-5e cable throughout the house so that I can have my antenna/modem/router/serverwmc laptop/antenna in one room and only have the raspberry pi with XBMC/Openelec running on it. I have the standard issue of the channels not loading on the raspberry pi and it gives me the error that it couldn't load the channel and to check the log for details. I can run all the channels on Windows Media Center so they should be running on XBMC. I have also checked the IP addresses on the XBMC and laptop and they all are correct. I have refreshed the EPG database and PVR multiple times as well as reset the XBMC and ServerWMC. Here is the most recent log I pulled: http://pastebin.com/dFNbxm54

The only main hardware change I have made is that the raspberry pi is now connected to a switch instead of a router. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Blue
Hey, do you don't other things today, is X-mas time. Angel
with Santa Claus or christ child.

I think you have had a access problem.
You can test the follows
In kodi: connect the wmc server about filemanager and test to play a record
The switch shouldn't be an issue. The main problem is that your oe box is not able to access the recorded tv folder on your serverwmc machine (see StreamStartError in the log). Make sure the login credentials you have set in serverwmc are still good for the server machine.

A secondary problem is that it looks like the hdhr files are not installed correctly on your server machine. Serverwmc will need this installation in order to control the hdhr directly (but this is not necessary for live/recorded tv to work).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-12-24, 19:02)krustyreturns Wrote: The switch shouldn't be an issue. The main problem is that your oe box is not able to access the recorded tv folder on your serverwmc machine (see StreamStartError in the log). Make sure the login credentials you have set in serverwmc are still good for the server machine.

On openelec I set the Samba username/passphrase and I match that with the Folders Tab on ServerWMC. Is that the login credentials that you are talking about?

Quote:A secondary problem is that it looks like the hdhr files are not installed correctly on your server machine. Serverwmc will need this installation in order to control the hdhr directly (but this is not necessary for live/recorded tv to work).

How would I fix this? I just updated ServerWMC this morning? Would I do a reinstall of the ServerWMC software?
Stupid stupid permissions with Windows. I went back through the installation steps and deleted and recreated another user account on my windows machine. Then I re-updated the username/password on ServerWMC and the raspberry pi. Even though I used the same username/password as before I can now watch television on my rpi.

TLDR Doing the same thing but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity...errrr working with Windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Channels won't play on XBMC0