Kodi build form master - broken GL rendering
Hi,
I have been running Kodi built from master for a while now, I like to test the latest dev, and I'm contributing to the code when I can.
It has been running perfectly until I fetched master a couple of days ago. First I had to update mesa and a couple of other libs on my system because of missing symbols in eglext.h , after I finally managed to build Kodi, rendering is completely broken.

In a few words, the symptoms are flickering between each action, and it fails to load any Windows after the home (it looks like it is again flickering back and forth between the home and the new window).

My system is an Ubuntu machine, and I updated mesa to version 11.0.8 , the only indication I have when launching kodi is:

libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965

I guess the rendering method has changed in the last commits (it has been a couple of weeks since I last fetched master), is there a way I could debug this? Or a recommended version of mesa i could try?

I have to admit I have no idea how I could solve this problem...

Pierre
For reference, I just rebuilt after rewinding master to the last commit where it worked for me, and kodi is running fine with mesa 11.0.8

Is there a way to use the old rendering method with the master's head?
so, following up with this issue, I have built Kodi from master on a different Ubuntu machine. I also had to upgrade libva to version 1.6.2, but the installed mesa version (9.2.1) was enough to complete the build.

On this machine, the rendering seems fine, I didn't experience flickering and such. But the message "libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965" is still displayed.

This computer is much more recent and powerful, so I wonder if it could simply be a performance issue with my old computer, but I kind of understood the new rendering method is supposed to be more efficient?

Another hypothesis, the current implementation is not compatible with mesa 11.0.8... does anyone has successfully run kodi with this version of the mesa libs?

thx in advance...
Latest try.

I installed Mesa 9.2.5 on my system and try to rebuild, the result is even worse (I cannot interact with the application).

I also tried to build using:
Quote:./configure --disable-gl --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi

This will not build, it fails with:
Quote:/home/pbureau/Software/xbmc/xbmc/windowing/X11/WinSystemX11GLContext.h:34:1: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token

The --disable-gl flag is broken for me, I am not sure if anyone is impacted by this, but it might as well be removed?

Then I built Kodi using:
Quote:./configure --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi

But it has no visible effect. I am really stuck with this issue, I would welcome any tip on a possible way to debug/solve this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi build form master - broken GL rendering0