Setting up a Development Environment
So, I made a few assumptions and now ... It's almost fully compiled but I'm a bit lost at this last hump...

- From the Git files, it seemed as though Eclipse (with EGit) was the recommended IDE.
- I took out the missing scraper libraries (scraper-...) for now (I really don't want to mess with them).
- To solve most dependencies, I've added the "lib" directory as a "User Library" from the released version of the app.

Now, it's been a decade since I've last used Eclipse so that's as far as I've reached.

I still have resolution issues with the following includes (Err: "The import can not be resolved"):
Code:
import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils;
import org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils;
import org.jdesktop.beansbinding.ELProperty;
import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
import com.sun.jna.Platform;

- ELProperty is located in the lib "User Library" folder as "betterbeansbinding-core.jar" (at "/org/jdesktop/beansbinding/ELProperty")
- slf4j is located in the lib "User Library" folder as "slf4j-api.jar" (at "/org/slf4j/Logger" and "/org/slf4j/LoggerFactory")
- Looks like the apache libraries have the same problem, "commons-io.jar" and "commons-lang3.jar" respectively.

It appears like I should include the "api-scraper" to resolve the missing MediaLanguages type returned from the getScraperLanguage() function. Right
Might there be anything I'm missing?

Thanks, I hope you've had a marry Christmas. =D
If you have set up the Eclipse project with a maven nature all dependencies should resolve automatically.
You may only need to exclude all scraper libs from the project (and put the corresponding jars from the nightly build into a subfolder called plugins to use the scrapers)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Got it, thanks mlaggner!

For anyone wondering, this is what I had to do:
  1. Had Eclipse.
  2. Had the EGit plugin (I cheated and installed it thought Linux/Ubuntu's Synaptic Package Manager under "eclipse-egit".)
  3. Install the m2e plugin --> This page told me I was seeking a retired plugin and needed to try this one instead. Sigh... well ok.
  4. Missing dependency slf4j. Ok, great. This post told me to download the "slf4j-api" from here within "Eclipse/Help/Install New
  5. Software". Note: Only the slf4j-api, unless you'd like more errors.
  6. Attempted to install it again, another missing dependency "... .guava. ...". Great, seems I need to find & install Eclipse Luna nowHuh? Well and older e2m v1.4.1 doesn’t require it. Big Grin
This is mainly why I dislike IDEs: everyone does something different and requires a lot of relearning and problem solving just to get running. Tongue Ah well.

When Eclipse restarted after finally installing e2m, I had to import tinyMediaManager I had earlier with eGit. After lots of dependency downloading, it compiles flawlessly. Now I have a null pointer exception during runtime to look into. Wink
great you got it working Smile
Note to ourself: make a development guide Tongue

Basically you could use any IDE you want (Eclipe, Netbeans, IntelliJ, ...) since all have Maven & GIT already bundled.
(Installing them in a plain vanilla Eclipse can sometimes a bit tricky - but never came across your problems using the eclipse marketplace)
Alternatively: just download maven, and use command line for building... and any editor you like.

Let us know, if we could help in any way...

br
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up a Development Environment0