Release Transparency!
Okay, I don't know that. I've tried your solution, but it doesn't work. I think I would post it in the german Kodi forum, also my suggestion with the touch-screen controls.

Thanks anyway for your answer.
I just upgraded to Jarvis 16.1. When I attempt to upgrade Transparency, it downloads the update then the screen immediately goes to complete black. No escape other than to restart Windows (Win 10 x64). When I check the skin Transparency has not been updated.

All of my set fanart has disappeared and I'm thinking of rolling back to Isengard. Any ideas how to fix this?
(2016-04-30, 09:58)hurricane51 Wrote: I just upgraded to Jarvis 16.1. When I attempt to upgrade Transparency, it downloads the update then the screen immediately goes to complete black. No escape other than to restart Windows (Win 10 x64). When I check the skin Transparency has not been updated.

All of my set fanart has disappeared and I'm thinking of rolling back to Isengard. Any ideas how to fix this?

it's normal for the screen to turn black during a skin update, though it should only last a few seconds.
if you could provide a Debug Log i'll look into it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
This was not a temporary thing. The PC became unusable after that. I had KODI set to launch immediately after Windows loaded, thus it blanked the screen in an unusable state. Using TeamViewer I was able to reduce KODI to a window. I then rolled back KODI to Isengard to get it to work.

Will Transparency 9 work under Isengard? If it does I can install it first and then try the KODI upgrade.
(2016-04-30, 12:35)hurricane51 Wrote: Will Transparency 9 work under Isengard? If it does I can install it first and then try the KODI upgrade.

double nope. you need Transparency 8.0.9 for Kodi Isengard and it's only installable after you've upgraded/downgraded Kodi.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'll give it another try in a day or two. Thanks.
After reverting back to 16.1 from Krypton Alpha 2 I get a message "The dependency on xbmc.python 2.25.0 could not be satisfied" when I try to install Transparency again. You have some advice?
(2016-07-05, 23:45)DarkHelmet Wrote: After reverting back to 16.1 from Krypton Alpha 2 I get a message "The dependency on xbmc.python 2.25.0 could not be satisfied" when I try to install Transparency again. You have some advice?

most likely several of the addons you have installed have been upgraded to krypton compatible versions.
Debug Log should tell you which ones are causing you issues.
What should I be logging exactly so you can look? A failed attempt of installing T!?

Edit for case of selective reading. Where should I look and for what, not you?
(2016-07-06, 01:09)DarkHelmet Wrote: What should I be logging exactly so you can look? A failed attempt of installing T!?

Edit for case of selective reading. Where should I look and for what, not you?

check the log for dependency errors.

my guess would be that the image resource select addon is the one to blame.
either delete it, or rollback to the previous version.
Thanks for the hint. It was two scripts. Globalsearch and image-research.select. I deleted these and could install transparency again.
Is there a way to reduce the home menu back to the size it was on the previous version?
Hello. I think I made a stupid mistake. I removed the 'settings' link from the home page because I noticed there was also a 'settings' link in the shut down menu. There is no longer a 'settings' option in the shut down menu. Please help. How can I get to settings? Huh

Android 16 tv box
You should be able to recover the default set-up with the deletion of the guisettings.xml in the userdata folder, a rebuild of that file will take place next boot Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note) Userdata (wiki)
Yay. Got it. Thanks so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency!0