Release Transparency!
When I switched to Jarvis (16.1) a strange thing happened. Transparency 9.1.2.

I click Movies, then Sets, then select a set (any set). When I'm at the top of the list (..), the background disappears and I'm looking at a black screen. Kodi 15, this always displayed the same background as the list of Sets. I can't find a way to enable this background.

Is there a fix available?
if you're comfortable with editing skins, open skin.transparency720p/MyVideoNav.xml in a text editor
and change line 78, from:
Code:
<visible>[[Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)] + ListItem.IsParentFolder] + ![Container.Content(Seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6105)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + ![Container.Content(Episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6106)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + !String.IsEmpty(Fanart.Image) + ![[Control.IsVisible(592) | Control.IsVisible(598)] + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)] + ![Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoBackgrounds)]</visible>

to:
Code:
<visible>String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) + ![Container.Content(Seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6105)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + ![Container.Content(Episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6106)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + !String.IsEmpty(Fanart.Image) + ![[Control.IsVisible(592) | Control.IsVisible(598)] + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)] + ![Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoBackgrounds)]</visible>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-12-03, 13:01)ronie Wrote: if you're comfortable with editing skins, open skin.transparency720p/MyVideoNav.xml in a text editor
and change line 78, from:
Code:
<visible>[[Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)] + ListItem.IsParentFolder] + ![Container.Content(Seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6105)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + ![Container.Content(Episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6106)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + !String.IsEmpty(Fanart.Image) + ![[Control.IsVisible(592) | Control.IsVisible(598)] + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)] + ![Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoBackgrounds)]</visible>

to:
Code:
<visible>String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) + ![Container.Content(Seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6105)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + ![Container.Content(Episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsExtraFanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(6106)) + !ListItem.IsParentFolder] + !String.IsEmpty(Fanart.Image) + ![[Control.IsVisible(592) | Control.IsVisible(598)] + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)] + ![Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoBackgrounds)]</visible>

Just got around to trying this, but found a few discrepancies.

MyVideoNav.xml, Line 78, starts with "<visible>[[Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)] ". The TV shows in KODI work fine. It's the Movies | Sets that do not have fanart.

I assumed that skin.transparency720p/ actually referred to skin.transparency/720p/, as I could not find the former path.
yup, that was a typo in the path on my end :-)

line 78 is correct though, that's the one that needs to be changed.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
No luck. It's the same behavior.
In addition to not fixing the Movie Sets background, the edit disabled the TV background.

I restored the original file and the TV backgrounds is back. Very odd.
I noticed another anomaly. If you return to the main menu while music is playing, all of the fanart has disappeared and there's nothing but a black background. As soon as you stop the music it all reappears.
during music, T! will display the visualization in the background.

you can either:
- select a visualization (can be done on the music osd)
- disable 'backgrounds > hide visualization background' in the skin settings
(2016-12-24, 13:29)ronie Wrote: during music, T! will display the visualization in the background.

you can either:
- select a visualization (can be done on the music osd)
- disable 'backgrounds > hide visualization background' in the skin settings

This is not about the background on the music playback screen. If you are playing music then go BACK to the main menu, the music changes to a mini player, but the home window background is black. All the backgrounds for the individual menus (Videos, Movies, Pictures, etc.) are black. As soon as the music is stopped, they re-appear.
ok, will look into it. in case there's a bug i'll fix it in the next version.
Hi all,

I'm a new user of openelec 7.1 with kodi Jarvis 16.1

I love transparency but i cannot install the 9 version. I'm in 8.09 of transparency.

Each time i try to upgrade i get a black screen and it stay like this . After 20 mn i try a escape key (from black screen) and it come back to menu but there is no text on menu and no possibility to do anything than reboot manually...

Some of you could help me ? Is there something i have to do ?

Many thanks,
(2017-01-18, 10:56)billythekid13 Wrote: Hi all,

I'm a new user of openelec 7.1 with kodi Jarvis 16.1

I love transparency but i cannot install the 9 version. I'm in 8.09 of transparency.

Each time i try to upgrade i get a black screen and it stay like this . After 20 mn i try a escape key (from black screen) and it come back to menu but there is no text on menu and no possibility to do anything than reboot manually...

Some of you could help me ? Is there something i have to do ?

Many thanks,

please post a Debug Log
Hi ronie,

I've updated Kodi to 17.1 and T 10.3.0 and discovered a change in behaviour.
On previous versions I could click or tap from main menue to "Music" and I always get the last list of my music-directory in file mode. With the new version a click on "Music" shows the artist list, regardless of the changes in the options. It seems, that T doesn't save the last settings anymore, when clicking to main menue.

How can I get the files list back, when I click on "Music"?

This behaviour T shows on a Windows 10 PC and on a RaspberryPi with Libreelec.
Hi Ronie,

I thought I had posted this before, but searching through the messages it doesn't appear in the thread.

KODI Ver 17.x. When I go to the Artist Slideshow addon in the Customize Visualization menu, it's enabled by default. However, it's not working. If I disable it and then enable it again it starts working. I've gone through this thoroughly with the publisher on the Artist Slideshow forum, and it's certain that the addon is loading properly, but it's just this quirk of Transparency that seems to be causing it. Can you help?
(2017-09-03, 04:36)hurricane51 Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I thought I had posted this before, but searching through the messages it doesn't appear in the thread.

KODI Ver 17.x. When I go to the Artist Slideshow addon in the Customize Visualization menu, it's enabled by default. However, it's not working. If I disable it and then enable it again it starts working. I've gone through this thoroughly with the publisher on the Artist Slideshow forum, and it's certain that the addon is loading properly, but it's just this quirk of Transparency that seems to be causing it. Can you help?

i've just tested it, but i can't reproduce it.
if you could please provide a Debug Log, i might be able to see what's going wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency!0