Newbie "dumb" question?
So, I've been reading through the Wiki and I've downloaded the Windows version of Kodi in an attempt to learn to create my own Add-ons. I guess I assumed if I identify an Add-on within the Kodi GUI, then locate the corresponding folder for that Add-on within Windows, I could open the addon.xml file, find the Summary and Description and by tweaking a small portion of the text in the Summary and Description, when I close out Kodi and reload it, I would see the changes I've made reflected in the text within Kodi for that add-on...but I'm not seeing any changes.

For example, I opened the Dim addon.xml and added the word "Computer" the string "dim your screen" so it says "dim your computer screen". Just as a test to see if I'm understanding the different components and how they relate to each other. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to compile some sort of code that I'm not seeing? I'm a little (lot?) confused.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
MisterVapor.

If I understood you correctly you edited the "addon.xml" and try to see you changes in the setting section.
If that is the case then you won't see it!
"addon.xml" is the addon info you will see the changes you made in Settings>Add-Ons>My Add-Ons>" your modified addon"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie "dumb" question?0