Where to buy DRM free movies?
Where can I buy DRM free movies or anything that will play well with Kodi?
sadly you can't as the movie industry is applying DRM to anything they sell. At least I don't know of any legal source for movies without DRM
One of the best ways is buying on DVD and ripping them. But even that is arguably questionable in some places.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The only DRM free stuff will be archive stuff out of copyright, for example anything on https://archive.org/details/moviesandfilms
Sad state of affairs DRM is. One of the better ways of obtaining content is through public broadcast OTA, capture the waves with appropriate hardware. Kodi plays transport streams directly, and other software will make it more Kodi friendly. In Canada we have a private copying levy

This is not legal advice.
I have bought stuff previously via iTunes that worked on Kodi, though I don't want to install iTunes bloatware just for movies. Hollywood is holding us back with physical formats, I suppose I have to get a bluray drive if i want to watch my movies legally. Ironic how the paying customer is always the one who suffers most from DRM Smile
(2015-12-29, 18:31)nooryani84 Wrote: I have bought stuff previously via iTunes that worked on Kodi, though I don't want to install iTunes bloatware just for movies. Hollywood is holding us back with physical formats, I suppose I have to get a bluray drive if i want to watch my movies legally. Ironic how the paying customer is always the one who suffers most from DRM Smile

Do it in a Virtual Machine , so you won`t have iTunes on your main OS , like i do. The situation is even more screwed up in shitty countries like mine, where Netflix and Spotify are geoblocked (Spotify can be used with a VPN, but only the free account, if you try to input a credit card it will spit it out since they check the location of the credit card/bank, same goes for Pay Pal), Google Play only has music (and apps for tablets/smartphones, obviously) for streaming/sale, forget about movies/tv shows. Blu Rays cost 2 times as much as in the USA or Western Europe, even more sometimes, i have to have my cousin bring them from Germany when he visits to get decent prices etc.

But then again, pirates aren`t putting up with DRM and geolock, they have too put up with crappy written-by-monkeys addons and viruses/malware. Just yesterday i had to get rid of some shitty Bitcoin Miner a friend got when installing Fallout 4 he got from a torrent tracker.

So basically Hollywood is screwing us with DRM and geolocking, pirates are screwing their "customers" with doggy/shitty addons/apps like Popcorn Time, viruses, malware . Everybody gets screwed Big Grin
(2015-12-29, 19:21)Soulbind Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 18:31)nooryani84 Wrote: I have bought stuff previously via iTunes that worked on Kodi, though I don't want to install iTunes bloatware just for movies. Hollywood is holding us back with physical formats, I suppose I have to get a bluray drive if i want to watch my movies legally. Ironic how the paying customer is always the one who suffers most from DRM Smile

Do it in a Virtual Machine , so you won`t have iTunes on your main OS , like i do. The situation is even more screwed up in shitty countries like mine, where Netflix and Spotify are geoblocked (Spotify can be used with a VPN, but only the free account, if you try to input a credit card it will spit it out since they check the location of the credit card/bank, same goes for Pay Pal), Google Play only has music (and apps for tablets/smartphones, obviously) for streaming/sale, forget about movies/tv shows. Blu Rays cost 2 times as much as in the USA or Western Europe, even more sometimes, i have to have my cousin bring them from Germany when he visits to get decent prices etc.

But then again, pirates aren`t putting up with DRM and geolock, they have too put up with crappy written-by-monkeys addons and viruses/malware. Just yesterday i had to get rid of some shitty Bitcoin Miner a friend got when installing Fallout 4 he got from a torrent tracker.

So basically Hollywood is screwing us with DRM and geolocking, pirates are screwing their "customers" with doggy/shitty addons/apps like Popcorn Time, viruses, malware . Everybody gets screwed Big Grin

Well those are the reasons the guy made PopcornTime to begin with, not because he wasn't willing to pay. I don't necessarily agree with that solution, though where he's from (Brazil) everything is very expensive and comes much later.
Major movies? Very hard to find. However, there is DRM-free entertainment. Lots of comedians offer their comedy specials for purchase as DRM-free. For example, https://louisck.net
GOG.com, the DRM-free games seller has some DRM-free movies. Very niche and indie documentaries mostly but it's the only DRM-free movie site I've seen.
(2015-12-29, 20:11)Ned Scott Wrote: Major movies? Very hard to find. However, there is DRM-free entertainment. Lots of comedians offer their comedy specials for purchase as DRM-free. For example, https://louisck.net

Ah, nice Smile If there's even the slightest chance for DRM-free to become the norm then you will need entire studios, though well known entertainers like him can help towards that goal

(2015-12-29, 22:28)jonandtice Wrote: GOG.com, the DRM-free games seller has some DRM-free movies. Very niche and indie documentaries mostly but it's the only DRM-free movie site I've seen.

Yea I've seen that and I really like the message they're/culture they're trying to create. I don't know if it's even feasible at this point in time though. It would probably require someone with the influence that Steve Jobs had for this to become a reality. At this moment I think that would mean a Disney or Warner executive.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/i...n-20130426

For some reason I can only find the article Steve Jobs posted on Apple's Korean site: http://www.apple.com/kr/hotnews/thoughtsonmusic/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to buy DRM free movies?0