alphabetical scroll in music
It would be nice to have a way to jump around in the music section like this. http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Image...serUI1.jpg

It can be hard to scroll through a large music collection. Image
That's pretty close to the ugliest GUI I have ever seen *g*
I agree with you. It is no PMIII interface. The green is particularly awful. I was just trying to illustrate the concept. I don't know if there is any interest in this. I just thought it might be useful to help navigate large music collections (A quick photoshop example attempt below). Maybe another possibility would be to assign letters to numbers on the remote in my music. Hitting 1 could take you to A, 2 to D etc. Maybe someone has already done something similar. I have been using XBMC for about 2 years now and it I still sometimes learn about new functions. It is an amazing application.
This is the only thing I'm really missing in xbmc, too. I submitted this feature request some time ago on sourceforge, but I don't think it was considered.

My initial suggestion was to assign letters to the digits on the remote the way it's done for text input in xbmc. Then jumping to the first occurance of the chosen letter.

I know the 3, 6 and 9-buttons are allready bound to volume +/- and mute, so this approach might be out of the question.

Your suggestion with alphabetical icons would have been a nice alternative, though. I guess this last one is a matter of skinning when/if this kind of "alpha-jumps" are featured.
Tried the filtering and searching? They're in the library view.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
alphabetical scroll in music0