SMB Share Issue after Upgrade
I just setup a fresh install of Kodi 15.2 but I'm having some issues connecting to my windows share.

When I add a source I select Windows Share (SMB) then select my device in the past when I select my device it would prompt me for a username and password but this time it doesn't it just stalls.

Here are the entries in the kodi.log:

18:24:35 T:139972929885952 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://XXXXX-PC/'
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Was previously using Kodi 14.2 connecting to the same share and all was fine.

Looking for some help thanks!
Maybe I can offer an alternative suggestion.
(I'm assuming you are running KODI on a Linux machine)

I use a Windows machine to share out my movies, and a Linux machine (Kodibuntu) to run KODI.
I find the most reliable way to map the shares, is to mount them at the OS level, then tell KODI to use the local file system.

You only need a few commands to get the job done.

1. Use Putty to login to the shell of your Kodibuntu box
  2. sudo mkdir /media/Movies "creates the mount point"
  3. sudo vi /etc/fstab "opens fstab in an editor, you can use nano or other"
  4. add a line like this at the end: //192.168.0.7/movies /media/Movies cifs username=admin,password=123456,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0 "instructions for the mapping, replace details with your windows share info"
  5. save changes
  6. sudo mount -a "re-maps everything according to fstab, happens automatically on reboot"

Anyhow that is what I use, gets the job done, Kodi now see the files under the local file system under /media/Movies in this example

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Share Issue after Upgrade0