Crash log on exit
I am running Kodi 15.2 Git:02e7013 on Ubuntu 15.10 with Unity on a Intel NUC I3 4010U (BOXD34010WYK2).

On exit, a crash log is created in my home folder: http://pastebin.com/7SRuYU9C

I wonder if this has anything to do with the other issue I am having. My HTPC is always on and something is happening when I leave it for idle over the night, I haven't pinned down the cause yet since it doesn't seem to be consistent. Today for example it worked fine, but yesterday it was unresponsive. I had picture and I could see the GUI, when i first try and navigate i hear the navigation sound, the highlighted menu item turns off so nothing is highlighted and then it kind of freezes. I don't here any navigation sounds and nothing highlights in the GUI, the rss feed keeps on spinning thou.

I can CTRL+ALT+F1 to get to the console. When I type the command top, nothing is using an excess amount of CPU or RAM, everything seems fine. So I have to kill Kodi and then I can relaunch it.

I use the addons: OpenSubtitles.org, Undertexter.se and XBMC Library Auto Update, I recently disabled IMDB Update to see if that helps.

I'm gonna have debug turned on now so I also can post a log when the freeze occurs.
It is related to the NFS mount. I forwarded it to the author. You cannot build from source, right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have never done it before, if I get some time I could perhaps look into it if it will help with the troubleshooting.
I could reproduce it. It crashes in the middle of libnfs. It most of the time happens, when the last access to an nfs mount was not too long ago. Besides that it is nothing you should be scared of, as all other threads are already gone at the time of sigsev
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So it should be safe to say then that my two issues are not related and I need to get a debug log of the other issue?
I only saw the nfs issue - what's the other issue?
(2015-12-30, 11:52)Jaman42 Wrote: I wonder if this has anything to do with the other issue I am having. My HTPC is always on and something is happening when I leave it for idle over the night, I haven't pinned down the cause yet since it doesn't seem to be consistent. Today for example it worked fine, but yesterday it was unresponsive. I had picture and I could see the GUI, when i first try and navigate i hear the navigation sound, the highlighted menu item turns off so nothing is highlighted and then it kind of freezes. I don't here any navigation sounds and nothing highlights in the GUI, the rss feed keeps on spinning thou.

I can CTRL+ALT+F1 to get to the console. When I type the command top, nothing is using an excess amount of CPU or RAM, everything seems fine. So I have to kill Kodi and then I can relaunch it.

I use the addons: OpenSubtitles.org, Undertexter.se and XBMC Library Auto Update, I recently disabled IMDB Update to see if that helps.

I'm gonna have debug turned on now so I also can post a log when the freeze occurs.

Disabling the plugin might have helped, I'm waiting to see if it happens again so I can post another log.
Ok, it happen again. I try and explain how the GUI reacted, this time it didn't freeze completely. When I was navigating sideways in the main menu (default theme) it didn't scroll when reaching the ends but the menu items did highlight correctly this time. I could enter for example movies and tv shows but it took about 10 seconds, same when exiting. I tried entering and exiting perhaps 10 times and it was really slow. Opening the shutdown menu also took approximately 10 seconds. I exited and started again and it was fast and snappy.

Crash log: http://pastebin.com/We679YVg

Debug log (maybe it's the same?): http://pastebin.com/4wTwJ6bL
Interesting...I'm having a problem where whenever I exit, it generates a crashlog as well in my home folder. I haven't been able to figure out why it's happening either.

I posted a debug log and post here but nobody replied to it...so I'm just living with the crashlog for now. Interesting for me that the last lines of your log are pretty similar to mine (attempt to remove window, delay lock release, etc...).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash log on exit0