• 30(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
(2016-08-24, 10:03)lockers90 Wrote: hi guys

is anyone else having issues with skin shortcuts?

the new shortcuts for some reason go to "VideoLibrary", however in Kodi 17 the path names have changed so it should show Library?

any way to fix it / is any one even aware of this?

Lockers90

Change "VideoLibrary" Add "10025"
(2016-08-23, 21:09)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Not sure if it can be fixed or not but in order to use an IR remote I need to have the swipe gestures enabled in video playback in the keymap for the arrow keys to seek

I have the same problem impossible use IR remote swipe "Forward or backward" When video playback

kodi beta 1 23-08-2016
Ahh wasn't even aware of the ir remote stuff will fix it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Jenkins is building a new version now. I have made some more IR keys mapable in the keymap and fixed the wrong mapped cursor keys (which were mapped to swipe instead of arrows...).

See:

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/blob/yab...te.xml#L46

I also added special://home to the default sources instead of special://envhome ... that makes more sense on tvos so everyone can access most needed spots in tvos/kodi sandbox.

I'll post once its ready for download.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2016-08-24, 21:30)Memphiz Wrote: Jenkins is building a new version now. I have made some more IR keys mapable in the keymap and fixed the wrong mapped cursor keys (which were mapped to swipe instead of arrows...).

See:

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/blob/yab...te.xml#L46

I also added special://home to the default sources instead of special://envhome ... that makes more sense on tvos so everyone can access most needed spots in tvos/kodi sandbox.

I'll post once its ready for download.

great work

Thank
First post updated - latest build should be much more usable with ir remotes.
I notice the 8-24 kodi build uses lot of ram. My system memory is down to around 300 mb when kodi is running. I was getting around 1500 mb with older builds.. Is this normal with the new build?
Don't count on the free ram numbers. The tvos system uses ram as filesystem cache (like most unix and bsd systems do). Whenever the ram is needed it can be used. I have 90MB free on my ipad mini retina since i can think back...
Latest build doesnt work for me. Loads to home screen and then crashes back to apple home.
@schweppy dont post more than once about stuff.
I have the same issues with latest builds crashing. I thought I had fixed it with 23/08 by using ifunbox instead of Xcode but
24/08 crashes for me.
I have gone back to 30/07.
Are you using the confluence skin ?
Still stays on build 30/07, last three builds(14/08, 23/08, 24/08 ) crash after a few seconds. (kodi start screen -> white screen -> AppleTV home screen)

Any idea how to solve the problem?
I'm noticing a problem with mpeg 2 playback that appears to be 17.0 Beta 1 related (although I don't see anything on the forums related to it). If anyone has the ability to check it out, I'd appreciate it.

Playback of mpeg 2 (from HDHomeRun via MythTV) appears to be accompanied by noticeable dropped frames:
Quote:10:22:00 T:6162624512 DEBUG: CVideoPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - dropped in decoder, lateframes: 141, Bufferlevel: 1, dropped: 2

This occurs on kodi-20160824-fc0347d-yab-tvos on AppleTV 4: http://pastebin.com/MsAiahVi

but also occurs on OS X (10.9.5) with kodi 17.0 Beta 1: http://pastebin.com/YMDN2625

It does not occur on MrMC on AppleTV 4: http://pastebin.com/H3Zme0GU

Thanks for your help.
What are your video playback settings?
Unless I'm missing something, there isn't much I can change on the AppleTV. It's left at the default settings: Video Buffers 3 (not even an option on MrMC), Render Method Auto Detect (can't change it anyway).

Anything else I should look at?
Have you expert level selected? There are some more options in settings-> videoplayer
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7