• 35(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
First post updated - still based on beta5 but added vtb hardware decoder from MrMC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello all, I'm new in kodi... Sorry for any wrong topic or question.
I've successfully installed kodi on apple TV 4. Everything was smooth Smile thanks for great explain.
There are two things that I want to ask help:
1. Some times in plugins (when scroll in big list) kodi hangs for couple of seconds, and than it do all things you clicked. So is it normal behavior? How to fix it?
2. Caching... in some plugins caching not good, how can I configure it to max amount of using RAM? (as I know, application can not use internal memory for caching due to apple limitation)
3. 4k and 3D video shows with lags. I know that box based on A8 (iPhone 6) and I have no problem with playing 4k on my iPhone 6 (1 GB RAM) but in kodi (2 GB RAM) it breaks and not watchable...
Thank you all in advance Smile
Did you try the 4k movie with the latest build from today already?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
The Apple TV plays 4K content?

Sent from my iPhone
Not a big deal but looks like setting up the master lock doesn't work. When the second password confirmation should come, Kodi freezes.

Regards
(2016-11-30, 17:07)Canyaya Wrote: The Apple TV plays 4K content?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

It can't display it in 4k but the decoder should be able to handle it considering the iPhone can
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Hello I am using on my Apple TV 4 the Beta 4 Version.
Now I got in Kodi a Versions Check msg.

it says : 17.0 Beta 4 is installed but there is Kodi 17 Beta 6 available,

But I can't find it on the usual Download location :

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/

do I find it now somewhere else ? In the description it says :

• Official Kodi 17.0 development downloads (near the bottom of the page)
But on this page I can't find it also.

Please help I want to install also the newest Version.. thanx

I think I found my mistake by myself.. I did use a older download file from the .deb file

the version from 23.Nov is the newest ?
(2016-12-05, 20:24)delaware Wrote: I think I found my mistake by myself.. I did use a older download file from the .deb file
the version from 23.Nov is the newest ?

Yes, based on Beta 5.
@Memphiz any chance of a beta 6 update please... so I can play with the new skin? [emoji851] [emoji4]
Please don't rush Memphiz, a beta 6 version will be released when it is released

Sent from my iPhone
It looks like the screensaver bug is back: a few minutes after pausing and resuming a movie using the iOS remote app, the tvOS screensaver fired during video playback.

I just upgraded from an early alpha so, apologies if that's an old known issue.
ok then I must wait until Memphis releases Beta 6
But my Kodi says now you have beta 5 and beta 6 is out ! on Apple TV 4 but Beta 6 is not out for apple tv4
(2016-12-06, 15:10)delaware Wrote: ok then I must wait until Memphis releases Beta 6
But my Kodi says now you have beta 5 and beta 6 is out ! on Apple TV 4 but Beta 6 is not out for apple tv4

Hi again, ATV is not officially supported by kodi hence why this is not shown as an option on the main webpage.

Memphiz (Dev) does this in his spare time for us all Smile

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-12-06, 11:01)etchdee Wrote: It looks like the screensaver bug is back: a few minutes after pausing and resuming a movie using the iOS remote app, the tvOS screensaver fired during video playback.

I just upgraded from an early alpha so, apologies if that's an old known issue.

Can't reproduce...
First post updated with beta6 based build
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7