• 2(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
Does anyone know what is holding back the passthrough of HD audio on tvOS? Is it simply because developers have not implemented the feature in their code or is it just a limitation of tvOS at the moment (which can only be resolved by a software update from Apple)? I know AC3 and DTS passthrough works fine.
Sunshinefires, Currently a limitation of tvos, but there is a chance of stuff Kodi could do to overcome this.. we'll see. Until MrMC implements it, it's doubtful Kodi will get it.
Great work!
I found 2 issues in the current build:

LiveTV: PNG Picons don't work correctly. They have a black Instead of a transparent background.
LiveTV: Long Buffering with HD channels after a few seconds.

Best Regards
(2016-01-01, 15:04)d00dl3 Wrote: Great work!

LiveTV: PNG Picons don't work correctly. They have a black Instead of a transparent background.

Best Regards

And you verified that this is not the case for other platforms? Because picons work as expected for me (tvheadend addon).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-01-01, 20:17)Memphiz Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 15:04)d00dl3 Wrote: Great work!

Best Regards

And you verified that this is not the case for other platforms? Because picons work as expected for me (tvheadend addon).
Yes i'm sure. I use the Vu+/Enigma2 Plugin also on Android, Raspberry PI and MrMC. MrMc had a similar bug in it's first version (wrong colours). I reported this and they fixed it.
Here the colours are okay but the transparent background doesn't work. I made a picture:
i hope you can fix this
Thanks a lot
maybe a dummy question but how do you close the slide across menu with tv shows, movies ect? using either top back buttons takes me back to apple tv main screen is there a special way to do it?
well mrmc uses a completly different png loader as we do - i am pretty sure it has todo with your pngs because mine work fine (not saying there is no bug but its no general thing with transparency in all pngs)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
My PNGs are working perfect too. I haven't seen that issue... I'm using the MythTV plugin.
I want to say that the TVOS 12/30 build works great. I was previously using the 12/23. The issue I was having with the 12/23 is when I attempted to play some of my ISO ripped DVDs, Kodi would just not seem to play the movie or if it did it would get stuck at the DVD menu and not play. The 12/30 build has fixed that issue and in fact movies seem to start playing very quickly now. I also like the fact that the 12/30 build now works correctly with the play/pause button on the Apple TV 4 remote. Great update.

I do have a question though. Is there a button sequence on the Apple TV remote that will bring up the OSD during playback?
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
MrMC had two issues with pngs, both of which were fixed.

1st was treating a certain png flavors as rgb instead of bgr, Very obvious as red and blue were flipped.
2nd was pngs with color tables skipped expansion to brga and these too were very obvious by the skewing.

Both were due to coding opps in the png codec that was added when cximage was nuked. Kodi does not use this png codec.

In any case neither of these match the above which looks like a missing alpha channel.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-01-02, 01:14)Memphiz Wrote: well mrmc uses a completly different png loader as we do - i am pretty sure it has todo with your pngs because mine work fine (not saying there is no bug but its no general thing with transparency in all pngs)
I tried other transparent pngs and i still have this issue. maybe it's the combination with the enigma2 client but on all other devices it works perfekt.
please upload one of those pngs
winestock - clicking should bring up the osd - no? or click and hold maybe
(2016-01-02, 14:17)Memphiz Wrote: please upload one of those pngs
here you can find an example png:
PNG
ZIP
I has a question and wanted to make sure I wasn't asking it wrong. I have a legal non-banned addon that is located in the Kodi Repo that isn't working. Looking at the github I see some .py files so I assume there is some python code in the addon. Is it safe to say that we don't want to bring up any of those issues until at least 17.0 alpha as the goal right now is Kodi core functionality?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7