hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rafaelSorel Offline
Hello,

Is it possible de launch this command line :
Code:
mpv --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau --hwdec-codecs=all [filename]
without X server being installed or running ? meaning from fb console ?

Thanks,
find quote
rafaelSorel Offline
(2017-01-30 23:51)rafaelSorel Wrote:  Hello,

Is it possible de launch this command line :
Code:
mpv --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau --hwdec-codecs=all [filename]
without X server being installed or running ? meaning from fb console ?

Thanks,

I mean is it possible to run hardware acceleration on framebuffer console system using mali gpu driver without any X11 system installed.
find quote
copytco Offline
I went briefly though the topic, but I cannot find information on how to get .patch files upon the links provided to the commits on git. Can someone, please, share instruction on that?
find quote
usegui Offline
Hello,

I can not find the source for kodi:
https://github.com/mosterta/xbmc/tree/he...es_support
or here
https://github.com/tnmeyer/xbmc
Could anyone say me where I can find the patched sources?
Thanks
find quote
Invictaz Offline
(2016-04-28 13:17)tom81 Wrote:  
(2016-04-28 10:35)bbscool Wrote:  PS: I believe symbol does exist in libEGL_Mali.so
Quote:2 root@bananapi /opt/xbmc (git)-[Jarvis_vdpau_gles] # readelf -s //usr/lib/libEGL_Mali.so | grep eglTerminate Sad
170: 000092a7 52 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 11 eglTerminate
898: 000092a7 52 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 11 eglTerminate

Don't use Android binaries, use the proper armhf libs from https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-mal...r3p0/armhf

Very impressive Tom81 your build. I would like to try it but unfortunately the Dropbox link is offline.
Can you re-upload it?
find quote
dalas1 Offline
(2016-03-20 00:55)tom81 Wrote:  Hi all,

I have prepared a first OpenELEC test build based on vdpau_sunxi and mosterta's patches. You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv9kdo7trwn980...mg.gz?dl=0

---> PLEASE READ BEFORE USE <---
This is all *very* pre-alpha and unfinished stuff. Be prepared for bugs and crashes. Do not expect to get a fully working OpenELEC image for sunxi devices here. It should only be used for testing purposes!
This image is for Cubietruck *only*!
Not for BananaPi!
Also not for OrangePi!
I do no own any other devices than a Cubietruck, so I will not provide support for other sunxi-based boards. Please do not ask for it. Thank you.

If you want to help improving the sunxi support in kodi, please test video playback with some of your files and report back if something strange happens. It would be helpful if you could provide the unshortened kodi.log file with debug logging enabled (found under /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log). Samples of video files where playback is broken are also welcome.

How to use the image:

- Download the file and decompress it.
- Write the unpacked file OpenELEC-A20.Cubietruck.arm-6.0.3-A20.img to a blank micro sd card of at least 4GB size
- Insert it into the cubietruck, connect a keyboard and power up the system.
- Startup can take some time, OpenELEC will first resize the file systems on the sd card and reboot one more time.
- If everything works, you should get the main kodi screen
- *Important*: For accelerated video playback, go to Settings->Video, select user level expert, go to acceleration and disable the VDPAU video mixer (kodi will crash if you don't)
- Configure OpenELEC/Kodi to your needs, Wifi and Ethernet should work, you may need to select the correct audio output for your environment.

Bugs and limitations:

- Screen resolution is currently hardcoded to 1280x720p60. If you know how to deal with u-boot boot.scr you can change it if you like.
- Some MPEG4 video files are broken. It depends on how the file was encoded and is probably a hardware limitation (not sure...)
- WMV3/VC-1 is unsupported
- H.265 is unsupported (hardware limitation)
- Seeking/skipping in videos is only semi-working, you will get a green screen and some delay, before playback continues
- Deinterlacing is broken, it has to be disabled

The OpenELEC build tree will be published when I have cleaned it up a bit.
I checked the image before uploading it, I hope that I didn't mess anything up...

Have fun
tom

I reupload the image. Suddenly someone will need
https://yadi.sk/d/2pshHXM53GGFaP
(This post was last modified: Today 07:18 by dalas1.)
find quote
Invictaz Offline
(Today 07:17)dalas1 Wrote:  
(2016-03-20 00:55)tom81 Wrote:  Hi all,

I have prepared a first OpenELEC test build based on vdpau_sunxi and mosterta's patches. You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv9kdo7trwn980...mg.gz?dl=0

---> PLEASE READ BEFORE USE <---
This is all *very* pre-alpha and unfinished stuff. Be prepared for bugs and crashes. Do not expect to get a fully working OpenELEC image for sunxi devices here. It should only be used for testing purposes!
This image is for Cubietruck *only*!
Not for BananaPi!
Also not for OrangePi!
I do no own any other devices than a Cubietruck, so I will not provide support for other sunxi-based boards. Please do not ask for it. Thank you.

If you want to help improving the sunxi support in kodi, please test video playback with some of your files and report back if something strange happens. It would be helpful if you could provide the unshortened kodi.log file with debug logging enabled (found under /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log). Samples of video files where playback is broken are also welcome.

How to use the image:

- Download the file and decompress it.
- Write the unpacked file OpenELEC-A20.Cubietruck.arm-6.0.3-A20.img to a blank micro sd card of at least 4GB size
- Insert it into the cubietruck, connect a keyboard and power up the system.
- Startup can take some time, OpenELEC will first resize the file systems on the sd card and reboot one more time.
- If everything works, you should get the main kodi screen
- *Important*: For accelerated video playback, go to Settings->Video, select user level expert, go to acceleration and disable the VDPAU video mixer (kodi will crash if you don't)
- Configure OpenELEC/Kodi to your needs, Wifi and Ethernet should work, you may need to select the correct audio output for your environment.

Bugs and limitations:

- Screen resolution is currently hardcoded to 1280x720p60. If you know how to deal with u-boot boot.scr you can change it if you like.
- Some MPEG4 video files are broken. It depends on how the file was encoded and is probably a hardware limitation (not sure...)
- WMV3/VC-1 is unsupported
- H.265 is unsupported (hardware limitation)
- Seeking/skipping in videos is only semi-working, you will get a green screen and some delay, before playback continues
- Deinterlacing is broken, it has to be disabled

The OpenELEC build tree will be published when I have cleaned it up a bit.
I checked the image before uploading it, I hope that I didn't mess anything up...

Have fun
tom

I reupload the image. Suddenly someone will need
https://yadi.sk/d/2pshHXM53GGFaP

Thanks a lot. How to prepare such an image for Allwinner A10? Or does the A20 also run on A10?
find quote