Keymap to record currently playing item?
Hi all,

I'd like to map the record button on my remote so that when in 'fullscreen livetv' I can hit record and have it record the current (playing) EPG item only.
This is how most STBs work, but currently if I hit record on the remote when using Kodi it does an 'instant record' which just records for 2 hours (or whatever I've configured the default instant record settings to)

Is it possible to specify in the keymap to record the playing item only - just like it does when you have the item selected in the EPG and hit record?
That's a PVR backend issue. For reference, MythTV uses its own recording template by default, and when pressing Record during LiveTV playback records only the currently playing show. (As an aside, if you were watching the show live for 20 minutes, then pressed Record, the recording would only start from when the button was pressed; it does not include portions of the show already in its buffer. However, the buffered programs are saved in the LiveTV RecordingGroup.)

You may want to float this question in your backend's sub-forum.
I'm not so sure, as it works as expected when you select a program in the EPG and tell it to record it just records that item and nothing else.

If I alter the 'instant record' duration in the Kodi setting from say 120 minutes to 60, then the behaviour changes when I press the 'rec' button, so surely this is on Kodi's side?
If you're using Kodi's template for recordings, then yes. However, a PVR backend can supply its own template to use for instant record; mine uses MythTV's supplied templates via its PVR add-on, and I have no issues with the recording only capturing from the time I press Record to when the current program ends.
Hmm, well I'm using MediaPortal as a backend, which afaik doesn't really have any concept of templates, everything is 'epg based'.

But if I can work around the problem with some custom keymap then I'll be happy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap to record currently playing item?0