Network timeouts cause kodi to freeze, super annoying
Hi everyone,

This has been a problem for many years now and i've yet to find a solution to it. My media is all accessed via https in kodi (over wan), and I also use the youtube and twit plugins constantly. If for any reason there is packet loss or the connection is interrupted intermittently the entire kodi interface will become completely unresponsive for however long the seemingly hard coded timeout is (which seems like quite a while, like 30 seconds?).

I've tried things like:

Code:
<playlisttimeout>2</playlisttimeout>

and

Code:
<curlclienttimeout>2</curlclienttimeout>

and neither seems to make any difference. Is there some parameter i'm missing, or is this hard coded in somewhere? I'd provide debug logs but it's happened for many years across every platform (windows,linux,android,mac).
Install emby on your source box. That integrates really well with kodi and can transcode if you like.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
So there's two issues, one is why Kodi locks up, rather than buffers, and two is why the advancedsettings.xml tags aren't working? Since, even if the tags worked, Kodi should still not be locking up just because the connection stopped. Hmm.
(2015-12-31, 04:04)Ned Scott Wrote: So there's two issues, one is why Kodi locks up, rather than buffers, and two is why the advancedsettings.xml tags aren't working? Since, even if the tags worked, Kodi should still not be locking up just because the connection stopped. Hmm.

Exactly, very confusing. An additional note, when the interface becomes visually unresponsive I can still hear the menu sounds playing as if I was navigating them, but the gui/video is totally frozen. Sometimes waiting long enough it will eventually exit out of the frozen video and dump me back to the gui, other times it'll never respond and I have to force kill the application.
Same problem here, i had it with video but removed the problem (probable) by disabling the QoS (Quality of Service) on my Asus RT-AC68U router but the problem still exists with audio, even on my laptops, tablet and minix.

Heeeeelp Huh
Installed the Merlin update but same problem still exists

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network timeouts cause kodi to freeze, super annoying0