Vero 2 - OSMC on a AMLogic S805
You're absolutely right about 3D; it's the Pi hardware (MVC decoder) that made full 3D (decoding and rendering) possible. Re: HD audio, I was going by what @envagyok posted above.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-02, 19:03)wrxtasy Wrote: The OE S805 C1+ builds I have been releasing have not seen any 3D MVC decode plugged into them yet. I have the patches for Isengard tho and know a little bit about the S805 Kernel now. A test version soon.

I have experimented with 3D ISO's with OE on the WeTek Core, I think that was outputting 3D Top/Bottom. So thats Half Res. I believe.
hdmkv was the test guinea pig.
Apologies - confused ODroid and Wetek Core stuff. Yes - HTAB and HSBS are half-res. FSBS and FTAB (i.e. 3840x1080 or 1920x2160) are full res - but oddball formats you don't see over HDMI (but you do see these formats occasionally as MKV files which have been converted from 3D MVC - which is a 1920x1080 H264 + 1920x1080 MVC dual-stream format) There are also 2560x720 and 1280x1440 720p variants kicking around.
Quote:As with everything, the proof will be in the pudding.
Who knows what "3D Ready means" ?

Quite. And whether it will be platform agnostic.

Wish Sam luck though.
Looks like the Vero2 has been out in the wild now for a week or two. There are a few reviews and what looks like some initial software (libCEC mostly) complaints/issues with the device on the OSMC forums.

Any feedback from owners of the device and how it compares to other AmLogic S805 devices like the Odroid and possibly how it compares to the original Vero?
Yeah, I'd really like to hear from some owners of the Vero 2 on here?
Here is a lot feedback on the osmc forums: https://discourse.osmc.tv/c/help-and-support/vero-2
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 2 - OSMC on a AMLogic S8051