OS X Help with redefining Harmony buttons?
(2016-01-06, 00:48)dukester Wrote: i should say im using bluetooth over here and not WIFI and with bluetooth openelec seems to recognize long presses, you can still program different commands to long presses via the My harmony app that should be a sufficient workaround isnt it? or is this only possible with bluetooth?

Using bluetooth with mac mini?

Sure, I can redefine long press buttons with MyHarmony app, but this way I'm "loosing buttons".
(2016-01-05, 22:13)Ned Scott Wrote: Probably not? Harmony remotes on Mac IR receivers are just emulating Apple's remote IR signals. Apple's remotes send long-press by sending a different IR signal rather than Kodi seeing a button as "long" or "short" pressed.

Code:
posted by porkchop999 - Today 00:31
Yes long key presses work with the harmony software or with the longpress mod in Jarvis. I am currently using a Mac mini 2014 with openelec. I use the key map I posted above and in the harmony software I set the device up as plex.

@ned Scott
How is this possible?
I'm happy to report that I've started all over with succes.
I succeeded with kodi installed on my mac mini (OS X Yosemite), to make my remote (Logitech Harmony Ultimate,device PlexPlayer) differentiate between short/long button press.
For keys unknown to the Harmony, I used it's Function keys to which I could bind to the needed action within a user defined keyboard (joystick.Harmony.xml).
Thank you all, especially porkchop999 whose keyboard definition was a real guidance.
(2016-01-06, 17:18)riji Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 22:13)Ned Scott Wrote: Probably not? Harmony remotes on Mac IR receivers are just emulating Apple's remote IR signals. Apple's remotes send long-press by sending a different IR signal rather than Kodi seeing a button as "long" or "short" pressed.

Code:
posted by porkchop999 - Today 00:31
Yes long key presses work with the harmony software or with the longpress mod in Jarvis. I am currently using a Mac mini 2014 with openelec. I use the key map I posted above and in the harmony software I set the device up as plex.

@ned Scott
How is this possible?

OpenELEC uses a different driver for the IR receiver than OS X.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with redefining Harmony buttons?0