OS X "Cannot connect to remote server."
Exclamation 
I was recently introduced to KODI and love the idea of the program; however, struggling to get KODI functioning. I am running a MAC with El Capitan, connected wirelessly to the internet via a router that has an external HD attached with my media on it. I have added my movies to KODI but on KODI startup when it starts to scrub the files for updates (artwork, exc) I receive an error saying "Cannot connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?" I am connected to the internet (confirmed in the settings menu) and I can play any of the movies that I have added, so I know it is connecting appropriately to the external networked hard drive.

How do I fix this connection issue preventing updates? Anyone have similar issues?
Appreciate any help!!

**I am not very tech savvy with KODI, I know enough about computers to make me dangerous. I have read the requirement of posting debugging logs but I don't know how this is done.
debug logs (wiki)
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
http://pastebin.com/6XzmjMKW
think i did this right
did the debug log work? any recommendations?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Cannot connect to remote server."0