Multiple AirPlay servers for different audio devices
I have Kodi running on a machine that feeds into several of my home speakers, each plugged into different USB sound cards. Right now, trying to launch a second instance of Kodi in order to get a second AirPlay server running gives an error "AirTunes failed to start".

I've "solved" this by running Kodi natively + two virtual machines with Linux and Kodi. As you can imagine, this is a pretty heavy-weight solution to the problem, but it works well -- I now have 3 AirPlay servers running. Except the hub machine isn't exactly a powerhouse.

There should be a way to do this within one application without AirTunes throwing up an error. (p.s. has anyone solved this problem?)
Kodi seems a bit heavy to just be acting as airplay server. What about multiple instances of shairport?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wow, I spent days Googling this without ever coming up on Shairport (and its derivatives Shairport4w, and now, Tuneaero). Looks like both of those do exactly what I need! Thanks so much, I'll let you guys know if I can get those multiple AirPlay servers up and running on an old Windows laptop with a broken screen through those apps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple AirPlay servers for different audio devices0