[Apple TV 4] dropping frames on LiveTV DVB-T1/2
Running Tvheadend I am dropping frames on DVB-T1/2 (mpeg 1 and mpeg 2) TV here in the UK and the de-interlacing looks poor. Is this because of a limitation of the apple TV hardware or missing codec by Apple or is this something the devs can fix at a later stage?
if it helps I can provide logs, just give me the nod and I will upload.
Live TV MPEG2 works great on mine but I am using the MythTV plugin. I did have to set Bob - Inverted as the default for all videos.
ok will try bob - inverted
I changed the apple TV resolution to 50Hz helped with the picture, now its stable 95% of the time.
ok will try bob - inverted
Yep - UK SD and HD TV requires Bob-inverted, otherwise you get the fields deinterlaced and displayed in the reverse order so anything with intra-frame motion (i.e. native interlaced rather than 25p) will judder if you don't select Bob-Inverted. (Effectively the two fields in each frame are presented in the reverse order)

If you are in Europe and watching European TV, DVDs etc. you will also need to alter the Apple TV's video output (not in Kodi, but in the main Apple Settings menu) to a 50Hz option to avoid adding 10Hz judder (where 50Hz is output at 60Hz). Don't leave it in Auto, in most cases that will just select 60Hz.
setting bob inverted as default interlacer for appletv4 (when deinterlace is set to "auto") is something i backported from mrmc now - next testbuilds will have this change effective.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 4] dropping frames on LiveTV DVB-T1/20