List external hd content in the remote not possible?
Hi,

We have a kodi pic box and we use it for watching movies. We have a usb hard disk dock connected to the pc with our ripped movies in various hd. When we use the keyboard no problems we select videos then files and the newly mounted hd is automatically listed as a source and the hd volume name becomes the source name.

How domInacheive the same with the remote? By default the external had source is not shown on my android phone (using the kodi remote program) even if the volume is mounted. The only way I found it has been to manually (using the keyboard) create a source and have kodi to perform a scan of the hd. That is an unpractical approach when you swap in and out hd often.

Is there a different way to see the content of an external hd on the remote?

Of course I am using the official remote. I tried both the iOS and the android version with the same result.
Thanks for helping.
I also noticed that my USB stick is not directly accessible from within the Kore Android app.

The only workaround I found is to use Kore for browsing in the Kodi UI to the USB section and add there all desired files to the playlist.

Once the files are in the playlist they get visible in the Kore playlist as well.

But I am just a Kodi/Kore beginner - may be I missed an easier way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List external hd content in the remote not possible?0