• 18(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2016-10-25, 12:36)jonjon Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 12:20)MattDale Wrote: I'm also able to log into Kodi via my dynamic DNS URL, so *that* seems to be OK too.

Are you able to access the JSONRPC using your ddns? e.g. superrandomname.duckdns.org:33333/jsonrpc

Also what language are you trying to set up and where are you located?

(2016-10-25, 14:21)jingai Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 12:41)MattDale Wrote: Thanks for the reply... Whilst I don't understand JSONRPC, I've entered my DDNS followed by /jsonrpc into a browser and it's come up with a lot of code, so I'd say yes to that one!

Did it prompt you for a username and password first?

Yep - and I used the same username/pass as I have for Kodi to get in.
@MattDale, try using curl to manually send a request; e.g., list of movies:

Code:
curl --data-binary '{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params":{"filter":{"field":"playcount", "operator":"lessthan", "value":"1"}}, "id":1}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' -u username:password http://ip:port/jsonrpc

The beginning of the response should look something like this:

Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"limits":{"end":210,"start":0,"total":210},"movies":
Hm. Not sure if this helps or hinders, but I've got a new error when I try that: http://pastebin.com/SXQXZ0Sy

Are we onto something?
Eh, did you copy and paste it, with the exception of the -u switch onward? Seems like your command line input is munged.
I did. I've also tried removing the password and awaiting the prompt for it (which I got, as you'd expect) - same result. Hm! Sorry, I'm new to a lot of this so working somewhat blind.
I'm fairly positive you're missing the single quotes around the --data-binary argument ('{"jsonrpc":2.0"...."id":1}'), and possibly the -H argument.

I just tried it here without the quotes and get the same output you got.
(2016-10-25, 15:11)jingai Wrote: @MattDale, try using curl to manually send a request; e.g., list of movies:

Code:
curl --data-binary '{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params":{"filter":{"field":"playcount", "operator":"lessthan", "value":"1"}}, "id":1}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' -u username:password http://ip:port/jsonrpc

The beginning of the response should look something like this:

Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"limits":{"end":210,"start":0,"total":210},"movies":

(2016-10-25, 17:30)jingai Wrote: I'm fairly positive you're missing the single quotes around the --data-binary argument ('{"jsonrpc":2.0"...."id":1}'), and possibly the -H argument.

I just tried it here without the quotes and get the same output you got.

Definitely copy-pasting, I promise! I am using a new install of curl (never used it before) but that seemed pretty foolproof, so not sure if I could have done anything wrong there...

(2016-10-25, 17:47)MattDale Wrote: Definitely copy-pasting, I promise! I am using a new install of curl (never used it before) but that seemed pretty foolproof, so not sure if I could have done anything wrong there...

Are you doing this from your local windows machine? That explains why it's not taking that set of arguments I guess!

I think the idea was to try that from Heroku, to verify you are getting expected responses from your Kodi server from the place the script is running.
Thanks. I am indeed trying to run this from my local machine. New to Heroku too, and can't see how I can run curl from there - all instructions for running commands seem to be pointing me back to my local CLI.
Woah, hold your horses everyone, I seem to be working now!

I just reset the username and password in Heroku (I SWEAR it was right in the first place, just trying anything at this stage) and it's working now!

Thanks so much for your help everyone.
Now you know why devs never trust what the user says Wink

Glad you got it working!
Actually, I know nothing about Heroku either, I have no idea if they provide a shell or if this is possible using an API, it might not be.
(2016-10-25, 14:45)elikiasdad Wrote: Quick question. When creating a role in AWS it wants me to select a role type. Which one do I select?

https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa#aws-variables

Though that suggests you create the role with AWSLambdaFullAccess. I used to use this but just changed it to a AWSLambdaBasicExecutionRole and it still works ok so far.
(2016-10-25, 18:25)jingai Wrote: Now you know why devs never trust what the user says Wink
Damn right!

Quote:Glad you got it working!

Now having fun with the parsing. Mostly seems sensible, although some commands are a bit screwy: "Play next episode of [x]" plays the last episode I watched, and "play latest episode of" selects a previously played episode - not figured out the logic, but it's a different one for each series.

The random play, movie play, and pause/volume/skip all working great though - so much fun!
(2016-10-25, 19:12)MattDale Wrote: "Play next episode of [x]" plays the last episode I watched

It should play the next unwatched episode for that series. And it does for me -- I use this one all the time. Are your shows getting marked as watched?

(2016-10-25, 19:12)MattDale Wrote: "play latest episode of" selects a previously played episode - not figured out the logic, but it's a different one for each series.

This should play the latest (as in, most recently added to library) episode of a series.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15