• 79(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Regarding multiple Kodi instances.. it's in the works.

It's not simple, though, as has already been suggested, even if it sounds easy. Among other things, it means either a) us hosting a database somewhere to keep your configurations (privacy issues, etc), or b) you setting up a database instance somewhere in 'the cloud' (even more difficult setup for the end user).

Just give us time on it. We all do this in our spare time, and it's not the highest priority item right now. But it will happen.. mostly because I want it too.
You are certainly keen, happy to help but I will try and keep my replies a bit snappier Smile

Asking for help

Quote:I always start with the readme as I figure it is usually the most updated. But very quickly stuff did not work and i ran into every error I did, and frankly at that time, had I just stuck to the readme, because of the errors I was getting, I would have given up

Running into errors is to be expected. When you do you should obviously try do a little work yourself, double check you have read things correctly, maybe have a little search on the forum. But if you are stuck, you are stuck and it's better to just stop and ask the forum for help to get you unstuck. Then you carry on, and if you get stuck at another point, ask for help again. Chances are it's gonna be easier to spot and fix the problem knowing the steps you have taken etc Smile

Errors saving the interaction model

The saving Skill issue tricky, I know what you mean, there are times when you end up in a loop fixing the same things they tell you again and again. It is usually easier to cut your losses and refresh the browser and start again. If still get problems, just create a new Skill, it's gonna be quicker knowing this time to add the Slots first.

Amount of shows

Just to check, we are talking about 1400 full shows like Friends, Judge Judy or Wheel of Fortune each consisting of multiple seasons of multiple episodes?

That really is a lot of Shows. Though admittedly I do like to keep my Kodi clutter free, especially with tv shows, once the season is done I remove it from the library and delete the files. But even if I kept all the shows from the past few years, that (according to trakt) would still only be 134 shows.

I have to ask, how often do you watch stuff from the archive? It certainly is impressive, how much HDD space is that and I am picturing multiple floor to ceiling server racks. I used to archive everything on to DVD. Big ringbinder folders double stuffed with discs, filling up my shelves and never being watched. Once Netflix etc came along I chucked them all and never burned a DVD again.... well, maybe not never Smile

A library that large might be too large due to the way the Skill and Kodi work. But you say you have it working, so that's good. Nothing to worry about then Smile

Selecting episodes by title

Quote:Also, I have not played with it but can you say something like watch "The Contest" episode of "Seinfeld" or Play episode "Daybreak" of "Battlestar Galactica" or can it only do numbers for episodes? Is that something you could add?

No, you have to use numbers when talking about episodes and seasons. It is quicker and easier to use numbers, but I guess if the demand is great enough it might be added at some point.

resume episode

Resume is currently associated with resuming paused playback, and I think there are features in upcoming 2.5 that might also conflict with it.

But it is not an intent I use, so give it a try and see what happens Smile
I followed every step in the below article and

http://www.mickputley.net/2016/04/kodi-i...alexa.html

I was able to even get the slot generator connect to my Kodi (on fire stick)..

https://slot-generator.herokuapp.com/

But I keep getting the following error when I try to test it.. Wont work on Echo too..

"There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 404 : Not Found"

http://imgur.com/a/3FALX

Can someone please helpHuh I am using the Heroku method and as I mentioned above, the slot generator is able to connect.. But amazon skill tester is not working... Sad
@jaykrat

That basically means the Alexa part couldn't connect to the Skill part (in your case heroku)

Have a look at the readme first and make sure your setup matches what is written there.

Check your log on heroku to see if it is actually receiving requests.
Hi there,
So i had a little time on my hands and not used Raspberry Pi so I decided to give this whole Alexa thing a try.
Everything is working fine and i got everything set up and running. Except the part with the Kodi Skillz for the echo.

I followed the whole tuturial and set everything up but it seems that the skill cant establish a connection to my kodi box. I am out of ideas and have allready tried a few things.

When i run the code locally on my pc i can access my kodi box and trigger databas updates, pull movie lists and so on. So the general setup works and my box is reachable from the outside world. Just when i test the skill within the Service simulator the commands are recognized correctly but nothing happens on my box. The log is not giving much help either. the request is send but there is nothing coming back.

I am out of ideas and would really appreciate your help. And of course i can provide any data that is necessary to help investigate.

Code:
START RequestId: ce29301a-04ef-11e7-88c1-e76afeafdd43 Version: $LATEST

17:42:46
lambda_handler: applicationId=amzn1.ask.skill.0d27be94-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Verifying application ID...

on_session_started: requestId=EdwRequestId.87a6d141-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sessionId=SessionId.cf9a5788-a273-4993-95ff-c5bb15d1e545

on_intent: requestId=EdwRequestId.87a6d141-a3ef-41e2-b8df-6ac2d849f006, sessionId=SessionId.cf9a5788-a273-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Requested intent: WhatNewMovies

Newly added movies

Sending request to http://libreelec.xxxxxxxxxxxx.net:8080/jsonrpc

'result': KeyError Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/task/wsgi.py", line 1935, in lambda_handler return on_intent(event['request'], event['session']) File "/var/task/wsgi.py", line 1899, in on_intent return one_intent[1](intent_slots) File "/var/task/wsgi.py", line 1659, in alexa_what_new_movies new_movies = kodi.GetUnwatchedMovies() File "/var/task/kodi.py", line 8

END RequestId: ce29301a-04ef-11e7-88c1-e76afeafdd43

REPORT RequestId: ce29301a-04ef-11e7-88c1-e76afeafdd43    Duration: 36.38 ms    Billed Duration: 100 ms Memory Size: 128 MB    Max Memory Used: 28

Thank you.
@cha0skind

Just to confirm, when you put:

http://libreelec.xxxxxxxxxxxx.net:8080/jsonrpc

in a browser outside your network you can see your Kodi install?

(you will probably have to put the username and password in)
@digiltd

That is correct, i can access my kodi box from a brwoswer and can verify that my ports are open to the world wide web.

But one thing i noticed is, that when i acces the Kod webserver from outside my network, i can acces the Webinterface, but i can´t control anything and get no information about playing content. I allready treid to completely remove the firewall for this device but still the same. thats really odd.
@cha0skind

The web interface is something different (though accessed in almost the same way) except you add /jsonrpc at the end.

You want to be able to see this:

How are you testing "outside your network" ?

The fact you can see an interface but not the media is weird though, double check the first part on the readme to make sure you have turned on what you need to

good luck
I just use my phone with wifi turned off. and thats exactly what is see when i open the webinterface. As mentioned, i am able to access it with the login crendetials but i am not able to send any control commands. I have tested this with two different Kido boxes in my network.
@cha0skind

Sorry, just had to double check you were not talking about Chorus Smile

and on the topic of double checking, you say you can't send control commands. When you first said this I assumed were talking about a HTML interface, but it sounds like you have experience with http requests and are testing using a url?

http://192.168.1.14:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"playpause"}}

That url in a browser should playpause, if you are seeing the JSON but not able to send commands then something else is the problem rather than the Skill, though I can't think why this is the happening... maybe a clash of ports with something else on the network? Are the kodi logs showing anything when you are trying to send the commands?
Sorry if i was not clear enough. Let me try to explain the situation a little bit clearer.

I have set up the Skill like explained and i assume that works as intended, as i can send SOME Requests and get SOME responses within the Service Simulator provided by Amazon. This exludes everything interacting with Kodi, so i am not able to get the currently playing item or my movie list for example.

- All the portforwarding is set up correctly as i can check the accesibility of the HTTP port 8080 online via http://ping.eu/port-chk/

- I am able to acces the Chorus Webinterface via the statc adressfrom within my local network and send control commands to Kodi, like Play, Stop, Update Library etc. everything works as expected

- I can access the Chorus Webinterface from outside my network (via mobile Data connection) but i CAN´T send any commands.

it seems like ther is some kind of black data hole in between which i can´t think of what it is.
I hope everything is a little clearer now.

HERE you can find a LOG of the System running and me trying to send some commands via Alexa, like updating the library or playing a Movie. Nothing happened.
(2017-03-10, 21:44)digiltd Wrote: http://192.168.1.14:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"playpause"}}

I can perform this command with the correct network address with the result, that in the local network the media currently playing pauses/resumes.
From outside my network : Nothing at all.
@cha0skind

Thanks

Ok, so park the port forwarding checks and Chorus for the moment

Were you able to try seeing if putting this:

http://192.168.1.14:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"playpause"}}

of this if you need auth details

http://kodi:[email protected]?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"playpause"}}

in a browser and seeing what happened?

In Kodi are both "allow remote control from...." switches ON?

Other things to look at:

try changing your port number as the default 8080 is pretty common

look at how you setup the port forwarding and if changing an option (i am thinking "protocol") helps?

are you using a vpn on the kodi?

so many questions Smile

Quote:I have set up the Skill like explained and i assume that works as intended, as i can send SOME Requests and get SOME responses within the Service Simulator provided by Amazon. This exludes everything interacting with Kodi, so i am not able to get the currently playing item or my movie list for example.

What responses are you seeing?

Keep things basic to start, just try sending the word "pause" in Service Simulator.

(2017-03-10, 22:53)cha0skind Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 21:44)digiltd Wrote: http://192.168.1.14:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"playpause"}}

I can perform this command with the correct network address with the result, that in the local network the media currently playing pauses/resumes.
From outside my network : Nothing at all.

urmmmmm

Well that might cross of a few of the other bits i have mentioned.

Are you using VPN anywhere?
So, i have been reading your suggestions and can say, that the HTTP requests behave as described. From within the network everything works as excpected. From outside the Network i get nothing. I am NOT using any VPN Services.

WIthin Kodi all the Settings are double checked and everything is activated.

I have changed the default port to 8088 and still the same result. nothing.

And the Skill within the service simulator works, i get the exact same reply, just nothing happens on my box Sad

And i thought it would be easier to set this up Smile
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15