• 85(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Yeah, piggybacking on what digiltd just said, it's currently not technically supported to say, " Alexa, ask Kodi to play <media>". You should specify the media type for now, like, "Alexa, ask Kodi to play movie Terminator".
(2017-03-28, 09:52)mcl22 Wrote: ...
The coolest thing would be to ask kodi just for the channel name. But most channels (in Germany) do have names that, i guess, would cause the same problems. Examples: RTL, Sat1, Pro7, ARD, ZDF, n-tv, n24, ...
It's not possible to do some kind of linking, is it? I mean a possibility to tell the skill something like "if you get a s.t.s. then try sts" or "R.T.L. is RTL" or "Sat eins ist Sat1".

I think that could be done with a JSON in way like this:

chanalTranslate.json
Code:
[{
    "name": "R.T.L.",
    "pvrname": "RTL"
}, {
    "name": "Sat eins",
    "pvrname": "SAT1"
}]

Code:
with open(ChannelTranslateFile, 'r') as transfile:
ChannelTranslate=transfile.read().rstrip('\n')

trans = json.loads(str(ChannelTranslate))
    for tr in trans:
        if channelname == tr['name']:
            writeLog("Translating %s to %s" % (channelname,tr['pvrname']), level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
channelname = tr['pvrname']

@jingai please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that could be a possible way...

btw: I have setup my privat WEB-SERVER but I've to call them for version 2.1 (what is the entry point)
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
@sveni_lee, we're not at a loss for how to go about translating the spoken channel names to the actual channel names. The bigger problem is that we'd rather not maintain this kind of thing. It's the same reason we don't yet have deeper control of addons. Those kinds of things change out from underneath us, and thus require constant maintenance.

For me, personally, I don't even use a PVR, so I really wouldn't want to be responsible for it all. Remember, this is a side project for us. That generally means that, individually, we're most likely to contribute things that a) we'd personally benefit from, and b) aren't going to take more time than we can personally afford to lose from other projects, family obligations, and of course, our real jobs.

When one of us can find the time to work on this, I think the hope is that we can come up with some modifications to the fuzzy matching or something to match things automatically without human intervention. If that can't happen, I think it'd be best if someone else could step up and offer to maintain that piece of the project.

All of that said.. we're currently in the process of restructuring the whole project. That's highest priority and big feature additions aren't likely to happen until we're done.
(2017-03-29, 10:47)sveni_lee Wrote: btw: I have setup my privat WEB-SERVER but I've to call them for version 2.1 (what is the entry point)

wsgi.py
(2017-03-29, 14:54)jingai Wrote: @sveni_lee, we're not at a loss for how to go about translating the spoken channel names to the actual channel names. The bigger problem is that we'd rather not maintain this kind of thing. It's the same reason we don't yet have deeper control of addons. Those kinds of things change out from underneath us, and thus require constant maintenance.

jingai, please don't missunderstand me. I don't want to instuct you to do anything. I really want to help. I thougt about it because we have so many differences in the spelling that it could be an easy way to solve some problems with that.

Quote:For me, personally, I don't even use a PVR, so I really wouldn't want to be responsible for it all. Remember, this is a side project for us. That generally means that, individually, we're most likely to contribute things that a) we'd personally benefit from, and b) aren't going to take more time than we can personally afford to lose from other projects, family obligations, and of course, our real jobs.

I can understand all that. I really like to help you. That is not only for PVR we also could use it some special artist like "Die Ärtze" or "2Pac"...

Sveni_Lee
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2017-03-29, 15:25)sveni_lee Wrote: jingai, please don't missunderstand me. I don't want to instuct you to do anything. I really want to help. I thougt about it because we have so many differences in the spelling that it could be an easy way to solve some problems with that.

I'm not misunderstanding you. "Easy to implement" and "easy to maintain" are often mutually exlusive, however. I'm not interested in the easiest way to get this done and out there.. I'm looking for a way to avoid the support requests that inevitably come in: "Thanks for this, but it doesn't work with channel X" followed by, "I see you fixed channel X for Mr Foo over there, but that broke similarly-named channel Y for me".

Thing is, by pushing this off, we might not have to do anything at all eventually regarding odd matches -- Amazon has their own built-in library for media now, but it's only available in the US. Ideally, the matching in the Kodi skill would share the same behavior as Amazon's own built-in skills (e.g., if Amazon gets 2Pac right, so would the Kodi skill by extension), and that's how you would achieve that. We just need to be patient.

My own focus is best placed on the numerous other things I'd like to improve atm. If we were really bored, I can assure you we'd be working on PVR support and fixing matches for odd media titles.. but we're not really bored. There's still a lot to do in the skill, and cleaning it up to prepare for bigger additions like this is highest priority right now.

If you have some ideas to improve the fuzzy matching, feel free to make a pull request or even just an Issue on github to discuss it at our leisure. But bear in mind you'll get resistance from at least me if the answer involves maintaining some expanding database of exceptions. That would be no end of trouble; the maintenance alone wouldn't be fun, but more than that, I can assure you it would lead to false matches eventually too, as described above.

It's hard to convey in text, but I'm not aggravated or anything by your suggestions. However, this kind of discussion is better suited for github, where we can come and go as we please and conversation history would be preserved for when we decide to implement anything. Development discussion that takes place here amidst the sea of support requests is likely to be forgotten.
Hi,
Just want to congratulate you on this. I have it installed now and can't wait to try it out further.

As someone who likes to experiment, is there a guide anywhere as to how I can best add new commands to be recognised and then where to add the script to process based on the understanding?

As an idea regarding the PVR (which is something I'm interested in) I'm thinking the best solution is to interact with on EPG like iVue, then the simple navigation and select options would be easy to use without worrying about the channel name specifically.

My request regarding the above information is so I can experiment with this and (for example) launch iVue into specific TV channel categories like "Movies", "Sport" etc.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Sorry, one other thing I'm interested in especially...
I have several dots in different ribs that i could use to control Kodi in that room. Is there a way that i can create a single skill and direct requests to a specific dot?
E.g. if i ask Alexa in the kitchen to do something out knows to control Kodi in the kitchen and not in the living room.
Sorry if that's a silly question!
You need to have one copy per instance of Kodi at the moment. It is something I intend to look into further, but we have other things to tend to first.

Sent from my D5803
(2017-04-05, 02:10)martinconroy Wrote: Sorry, one other thing I'm interested in especially...
I have several dots in different ribs that i could use to control Kodi in that room. Is there a way that i can create a single skill and direct requests to a specific dot?
E.g. if i ask Alexa in the kitchen to do something out knows to control Kodi in the kitchen and not in the living room.
Sorry if that's a silly question!

You have to have multiple copies and name each device. For example, I have device named the kitchen, the garage, the bedroom. As per the guide Alexa is not aware which room you are in, so you have to tell it which device. Alexa, ask the bedroom to pause, Alexa all the kitchen to pause, etc. You can do this in any room. You can be standing in the garage and ask the bedroom to pause (and the bedroom will pause), but it won't know you mean the bedroom or the garage just by which Alexa "heard" you, unless you tell it.
Hi
I have the same problem:
Ive uploaded to aws and on my cmd prompt I got a successfully deployed kodi alexa master version 1 but I too cannot find it in Lambda/functions, just templates.
How did you rectify this, I too have read seems like hundreds of pages but still no idea what now to do.

Steve

(2017-03-20, 20:03)Malachor Wrote: I've logged into AWS-->Lambda-->Get Started and it forwards me to "blueprints" not "functions". I cannot see my "kodi-alexa" app-name anywhere. All I'm asked to do is choose a template

Mal.
(2017-04-05, 21:36)steq184 Wrote: Hi
I have the same problem:
Ive uploaded to aws and on my cmd prompt I got a successfully deployed kodi alexa master version 1 but I too cannot find it in Lambda/functions, just templates.
How did you rectify this, I too have read seems like hundreds of pages but still no idea what now to do.

Steve

(2017-03-20, 20:03)Malachor Wrote: I've logged into AWS-->Lambda-->Get Started and it forwards me to "blueprints" not "functions". I cannot see my "kodi-alexa" app-name anywhere. All I'm asked to do is choose a template

Mal.

Is the aws region set in the top right the same as the one used in the .env?
Also - only some regions have the correct functions. Confused the hell out of me!
I deployed the code with C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy to the AWS server and my code is 3.2MB.
In the tutorials the code is 27.3 MB and takes (according to youtube tutorial) 2 minutes.

This is shown in the Lambda Management Console:
kodi-alexa-master Lambda code for kodi-alexa-master Python 2.7 3.2 MB

My deploy takes seconds to end, yet I see no strange things in the outcome as shown beneath.

C:\Users\Willem\Desktop\kodi-alexa-master>C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install lambda-deploy
Collecting lambda-deploy
Using cached lambda_deploy-0.1.2-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting boto3>=1.3.0 (from lambda-deploy)
Using cached boto3-1.4.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting requests>=2.9.1 (from lambda-deploy)
Using cached requests-2.13.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting yaep>=0.0.4 (from lambda-deploy)
Using cached yaep-0.0.6-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting botocore<1.6.0,>=1.5.0 (from boto3>=1.3.0->lambda-deploy)
Using cached botocore-1.5.38-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting s3transfer<0.2.0,>=0.1.10 (from boto3>=1.3.0->lambda-deploy)
Using cached s3transfer-0.1.10-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting jmespath<1.0.0,>=0.7.1 (from boto3>=1.3.0->lambda-deploy)
Using cached jmespath-0.9.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting python-dateutil<3.0.0,>=2.1 (from botocore<1.6.0,>=1.5.0->boto3>=1.3.0->lambda-deploy)
Using cached python_dateutil-2.6.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting docutils>=0.10 (from botocore<1.6.0,>=1.5.0->boto3>=1.3.0->lambda-deploy)
Using cached docutils-0.13.1-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting futures<4.0.0,>=2.2.0; python_version == "2.6" or python_version == "2.7" (from s3transfer<0.2.0,>=0.1.10->boto3>=1.3.0->lambda-deploy)
Using cached futures-3.0.5-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting six>=1.5 (from python-dateutil<3.0.0,>=2.1->botocore<1.6.0,>=1.5.0->boto3>=1.3.0->lambda-deploy)
Using cached six-1.10.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Installing collected packages: six, python-dateutil, docutils, jmespath, botocore, futures, s3transfer, boto3, requests, yaep, lambda-deploy
Successfully installed boto3-1.4.4 botocore-1.5.38 docutils-0.13.1 futures-3.0.5 jmespath-0.9.2 lambda-deploy-0.1.2 python-dateutil-2.6.0 requests-2.13.0 s3transfer-0.1.10 six-1.10.0 yaep-0.0.6

C:\Users\Willem\Desktop\kodi-alexa-master>C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy
2017-04-11 20:01:14:INFO:botocore.credentials: Found credentials in environment variables.
2017-04-11 20:01:14:INFO:lambda_deploy: Packaging lambda kodi-alexa-master
2017-04-11 20:01:14:WARNING:lambda_deploy: A .env file exists in your Lambda directory - be careful that it does not contain any secrets you don't want uploaded to AWS!
2017-04-11 20:01:14:WARNING:lambda_deploy: Skipping inclusion of of .env file - use LAMBDA_ENV_VARS instead (see documentation for more information)
Collecting requests (from -r C:\Users\Willem\Desktop\kodi-alexa-master\requirements.txt (line 1))
Using cached requests-2.13.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting gunicorn (from -r C:\Users\Willem\Desktop\kodi-alexa-master\requirements.txt (line 2))
Using cached gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting yaep (from -r C:\Users\Willem\Desktop\kodi-alexa-master\requirements.txt (line 3))
Using cached yaep-0.0.6-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting pytz (from -r C:\Users\Willem\Desktop\kodi-alexa-master\requirements.txt (line 4))
Using cached pytz-2017.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting fuzzywuzzy (from -r C:\Users\Willem\Desktop\kodi-alexa-master\requirements.txt (line 5))
Using cached fuzzywuzzy-0.15.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Installing collected packages: requests, gunicorn, yaep, pytz, fuzzywuzzy
Successfully installed fuzzywuzzy-0.15.0 gunicorn-19.7.1 pytz-2017.2 requests-2.13.0 yaep-0.0.6
Starting new HTTPS connection (1): lambda.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
Updating kodi-alexa-master lambda
Successfully deployed kodi-alexa-master version 8

Any thoughts?
Hi I had this working a treat but now alexa says error parsing results. Has anyone had this before and has any suggestions?
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15