• 98(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Does this work with SPMC? I can't seem to get it to work...
If SPMC has the JSON-RPC interface, it should. I've never tested it with SPMC though.

Sent from my D5803
v2.6.2 released, which adds:

* Add ListenToLatestAlbum (by artist) Intent
* Include song artists in results
* Fix WatchNextEpisode and ContinueLastShow Intents
* Fix AudioStreamNext/Previous
* Update documentation
* Update translations

Do bear in mind that if you have trouble saving the skill, you should regenerate your slot items.
(2017-05-26, 17:52)jingai Wrote: You should be using the WAN IP (or, preferably, a hostname from a dynamic DNS service if you don't have a static IP) and the port you opened on your router. That last bit is important, as it isn't necessarily the same port Kodi is listening on.

Yeah, I double checked and it's the right port and WAN IP for both port forrwarding on the router, and Kodi. Not sure why it won't work.

Quote:Fullscreen toggle works here. Do note that it's not supposed to switch windowed <-> fullscreen, but rather toggle between the mini player and full player. It's equivalent to hitting Tab in Kodi.

Ah, I was expecting it do the equivalent of alt + enter. What would you recommend as being the easiest method to make that change, and deploy it, please?
Changing this in kodi.py from kodi-voice from:

Code:
def ToggleFullscreen(self):
    return self.SendCommand(RPCString("GUI.SetFullscreen", {"fullscreen":"toggle"}))

to:

Code:
def ToggleFullscreen(self):
    return self.SendCommand(RPCString("Input.ExecuteAction", {"action":"togglefullscreen"}))

would probably do what you want.
hi@all,

i try to use this addon to use this to switch the tv channels, but it failed. so i looked into the (german) utterances config but dont find something related.

so, is it possible to use the addon to switch tv channels or are there other ways?

thanks!
@baramann, no, the skill does not currently support PVR.
(2017-05-29, 05:03)jingai Wrote: Changing this in kodi.py from kodi-voice from:

Thank you. Excuse my ignorance but how do I deploy that change to Heroku? I've edited the file via a fork on github, but I can only seem to deploy the kodi-alexa part, and not the kodi-voice part, i.e. I'm not sure if the kodi-alexa module is importing the changed kodi-voice module, or the original. It seems to be exhibiting the same behaviour of pressing 'tab', so I think it might be the original.

Cheers!
@blaher, you should find what you need here.

Bear in mind you'll need to maintain your own local changes. If we release new versions, you'll need to apply your changes to that.
Kodi-Alexa 2.6.3 and Kodi-Voice 0.8.3 are up. The big change is much improved support for German and much better matching for titles that include numbers.
Hi,

I have tried to set it up, unfortunately I'm not able to "run" any commands.
I'm using OSMC with the version 17.2 on a RPI (is this a problem and I need to use KODI (not OSMC))?

My Alexa is doing nothing so far. :/

She is always telling me:
By the answer of the requested skill a problem have been occured.

So she knows about the skill (which is called mediacenter in my scenario), but she isn't able to handle any further commands.
Andy ideas what I can try to do / check?
Thanks.

EDIT: I need also to say, that I'm importing my movies and TV shows via Plex.
I don't use Plex, but if the media isn't actually in the Kodi library, this skill won't work for you.

If that's not the case, my best suggestion is to read over the README again carefully. You've missed something, and everything you need to do is outlined there.
(2017-06-01, 22:09)jingai Wrote: I don't use Plex, but if the media isn't actually in the Kodi library, this skill won't work for you.

If that's not the case, my best suggestion is to read over the README again carefully. You've missed something, and everything you need to do is outlined there.

The Plex medias are inside the Kodi library, also with the slot generator als my movies and TV shows have been successfully be imported.
But alright, I going once again trough the instruction and hope, that I'm able to find my mistake.
Thank you.

EDIT: Can maybe some else verify, if the skill should work with OSMC with the version 17.2?

EDIT 2: I was able to set it up successfully (have done once again the instruction). I don't know why it's now working, but however... Big Grin
My Alexa is telling me 9 of 10 times, that the skill needed to long to answer (but it will play something (at the moment often the wrong movie, but that's another topic...), is it possible to set a timeout value or also a possibility to make the execution of the command faster?
-> I'm using AWS

Thanks!
@itunes1995, we just recently uncovered an issue that can make the responses take a lot longer than they should, especially for non-English users. There will be a new version of the Kodi-Voice library released shortly to fix this.
Hi
I have followed all steps on the instructions guide and the skill is enabled on my Echo Dot. When I ask Alexa to ask "Kodi Player to Pause" as an example, it says it does not know how to do that. it is the same for all instructions.

Any ideas why it is not working?
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15