Should I buy 2GB Ram/16GB Internal S905
S905 is not for wetek because:
1) no DRM support means no netflix...
2) the s905 is buggy and will be replaced by s905M or s908 (is the advantage of the new releases)
3) Wetek dont fight on specs but on sw quality.
4) s812 is more expensive than s905 (almost double price).
5) Wetek rcu costs more than some boxes
all summed makes wetek a very cheap product.

Is up to you buy or not buy, in my case wetek do what other chineses cannot d, with a impressive support per price of 2 dinners...

(2016-01-03, 17:54)XperImenT Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 12:03)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 19:32)XperImenT Wrote: Problem with that is by the time a super stable and supported platform comes out for a specific SoC, its already outdated by a few generations. That's what is keeping me back from buying WeTeK core...it just came out, and it sure isn't cheap and yet it's SoC is already last generation and I'm sure in 4-5 months I'll regret investing that much money in hardware that had already one foot out the door on release.

Do you want the latest hardware for bragging rights, or a decent Kodi experience? The latest hardware is only the latest hardware for a couple of months anyway. You either want something that meets your needs in media playback terms, or you don't. Do your playback needs change every few months?

I don't care about bragging rights but I do care about getting what i pay for. If i was paying $50 bux then sure I'd be happy with not having the latest hardware but when I am paying >$100 for a stream box, it's a bit irritating for it to have outdated hardware before it even gets released, especially when $50 boxes are putting in newer SoCs (Yes I know their support sucks). When $50 boxes have better specs than $130 WeTek core (which indicates the massive profit margin they're gunning for), "better support" alone isn't going to justify tripling the price. They could have released it with S905 and provide a lot of support for it or with their premium price point, they could have added more RAM that is closer to Shield's.
(2016-01-03, 22:17)Latinbull Wrote: S905 is not for wetek because:
1) no DRM support means no netflix...
2) the s905 is buggy and will be replaced by s905M or s908 (is the advantage of the new releases)
3) Wetek dont fight on specs but on sw quality.
4) s812 is more expensive than s905 (almost double price).
5) Wetek rcu costs more than some boxes
all summed makes wetek a very cheap product.

Is up to you buy or not buy, in my case wetek do what other chineses cannot d, with a impressive support per price of 2 dinners...

lol not sure about 2 dinner but going based on your dinner price logic, wouldn't NVIDIA provide a vastly superior bang for the buck considering their beast of hardware then.. at the price of just about 3 dinners?
Sure... exactly...
Right now is what you get. I personly have the 2 (i pay little more for the shield because of game controls).
but once more the shield is not good for you also because old hw.. tegra have more than 1 year and clearly overpriced from your point of view pay 150 more than a chinese box that also have 2 gb is a clearly sign of crazy profits..
(2016-01-02, 19:32)XperImenT Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 16:23)wrxtasy Wrote: Personally, I find its never a good idea to buy the first of anything a be a little patient, as there will be better AMLogic SoC's released this year, by the time the S905M comes out you will have a stable decent platform platform.

Problem with that is by the time a super stable and supported platform comes out for a specific SoC, its already outdated by a few generations. That's what is keeping me back from buying WeTeK core...it just came out, and it sure isn't cheap and yet it's SoC is already last generation and I'm sure in 4-5 months I'll regret investing that much money in hardware that had already one foot out the door on release.

Outdated by who's standards? I still have an OUYA that runs Kodi v16's latest beta really well :)
Honestly, I have had the Minix X8 and haven't had a OS update or anything like that. I just like my software to be kinda up to date. At least give me Lollipop. It's 100% possible. Even the cheaper branded boxes have Lollipop updates but I can't? Why? Because you want to sell a higher priced version even though my box can do the same thing?
How about Tronsmart TV Box? Their products updates faster and the price is OK.
You can read all about Tronsmart and who they have decided to partner with, VidOn - the most hated Software company on the Kodi forums here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252356

and here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

and here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2192163

and finally here as well:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255686

(2016-01-03, 21:04)XperImenT Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 20:48)trogggy Wrote: If a device runs kodi well and costs $130 and has good support from the manufacturer why does it matter that the hardware dates from 6 months ago rather than last Tuesday?

Because As i mentioned earlier at a $130 price range i shouldn't have to be content with outdated hardware just because it has good support...it needs to have both. When we pay premium we expect a degree of future-proofness not something that is outdated on release. We expect the same from every other piece of electronics we pay top dollar for not sure why when it comes to stream box i'd have to be content with just a good customer service.

I understand what you say and I agree that price, hardware and product support but I also have to say that 130$ or less are not a premium product, actually none of the out of the box players are premium products and that's why it´s important to choose the right product with the best possible support after the buy.

If you can afford a premium tv and want premium picture and support with a mediaplayer then you have to pay premium price for that to.

It´s easy to promise a lot and most of those cheap China products promise a lot more then they ever will be able to, if you want a product that can do all and will have plenty of power for years then go for a premium product and pay what the cost is, take a look on the new NUC´s or a solution like that.

A dog poo still stinks even if it´s packed in a nice box with a lot of nice numbers, Dodgy China factories just don´t care, most are not even a factory, just a office that have bought from a supplier and got there own brand name on the box and after shipping you are on your own.

Every thing is outdated the first day it´s sold concerning hardware but it´s like people, some say they can do all and there are people that actually do, two very different things (ask your wife/girlfriend what she prefer, same thing with hardware).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I buy 2GB Ram/16GB Internal S9050