Sound Sync and Playback issue
Music 
i'm using my raspberry pi with KODI as a small media center for 6 months now
and have not had any problem since last week.

for some strange reason it doesn't want to play ONE series (netflix's daredevil) smooth,
the image isn't played smooth and the sound isn't sync.

the same problems aoocure when i play it on other media operating systems on the raspberry pi 2

when i play the files on my laptop with VLC there isn't a problem what so ever ...

the files are 720p .mkv files...
What's the codec? (When you press 'o' when playing in Kodi what does it report the video to be). My bet will be on HEVC... (Or in VLC go to Codec Info - which is usually CTRL+I (CMD+I on Macs) and select the codec details tab)

For info - MKV is just a wrapper, like .avi, .mov., .mp4 and .ts etc. The wrapper can contain myriad audio and video codecs (as well as other stuff like text or graphic subtitles, timecode etc.) - so on its own mkv doesn't actually tell us anything other than the wrapper. What is in it could be MPEG1, MPEG2, VC-1, H264/AVC, H265/HEVC video, and AAC, AC3, MP3, MP2, FLAC, OGG Vorbis etc. audio.

Not going to ask where the content came from...
video codec: h.265/hevc
audio codec: mp4a
There is no hardware support for H.265/hevc. You should avoid those files and use H.264.

The Milhouse test builds do include some GPU acceleration of H.265 and you can play many 720p hevc files (especially with overclock) which might be worth a try, but it's still considered experimental.
(2016-01-02, 13:50)popcornmix Wrote: There is no hardware support for H.265/hevc. You should avoid those files and use H.264.

The Milhouse test builds do include some GPU acceleration of H.265 and you can play many 720p hevc files (especially with overclock) which might be worth a try, but it's still considered experimental.

Yeah............. it's strange because i thinks they are very few standalone player whit support of h265 and netflix it's present on many many differ supports (TV, Console etc etc) some whit "obsolete" hardware and how do they provide video whit a unsupported codec ?? Very strange Smile

Otherwise i know the best profile supported and the best profile for maintain the compatibility whit old and newest standalone player it's [email protected]........ whit profile 4.x i know for example some WD Standalone can reproduce and some other can reproduce whit some glitch..........

P.S.
And i hope someone leave aside their obsessions here............

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Sync and Playback issue0