Resampling of sound causes Kodi to restart
I have a dilemma with resampling of sound on a RPI 2 with HiFiberry Amp+ running Kodi 15.0 Isengard release build. Running .mkvs and resampling the sound to fit the amp+ on the rpi 2 I downsample the sound to 2channels @ 48kHz. When sending the sound over the HDMI on the RPI 2 its all smooth sailing but when sending it to the default ALSA card which is the amp+, kodi just restarts and the home screen is shown.

The log for kodi just logs what it does during startup and atleast i cannot find anything suspicous in there. I have tried to get some support from the hifiberry forum but with no luck. So since its Kodi trying to the resample, i turn my luck here and hopefully someone else had the same issue? The reason for downsampling the sound is that the rpi2 with amp+ is a small kodi setup which i take with me during travels with the family, hooks in speakers and watches. For some reason, this issue has started to appear.

Kodi is built with http://not-guild.de/temp/kodi.txt though i build without libcec support since i found that interfered with the amp+ since libcec forced the sound over hdmi regardless of configuration. I must admit that i know little about how Kodi resamples and/if the transport layer, eg ALSA could cause these problems? Where should i start debugging/look for logs,clues etc?

some basic information about the system:

Code:
pi@Replay ~ $ uname -a
Linux Replay 4.1.13-v7+ #826 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 13 20:19:03 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
pi@Replay ~ $

Code:
pi@Replay ~ $ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_amp], device 0: HifiBerry AMP HiFi tas5713-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
pi@Replay ~ $

What else could be useful for debugging this? What could cause these problems?[/code]
Can you run gdb on kodi and get a backtrace when it crashes?
Can you try with "Resample quality" set to "medium" rather than "GPU accelerated" to see if that makes a difference?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resampling of sound causes Kodi to restart0