Win Kodi Stops Playing Movies and Returns to Library
Hiya...
Please forgive this post if it is a duplicate. Was not able to find a more a similar issue.

System is a low quality media PC running Windows 10 (8GB). The PC runs fine and works well with pretty much everything else including live streaming or playing most media files. Running Kodi 15.2 Isengard with a few addons (all banned addons have been removed). The PC is on my home network via AC600. All movies and TV are stored on a WD EX4100 NAS and play from there. The issue seemed to start after the upgrade to 15.2 although sometime after it.

I've replaced everything from the network card, NAS and router. Everything using the network connection or the NAS works fine except for Kodi playing movies. TV shows seem to be okay. When playing movies, the movie will suddenly stop either in the first 10 minutes or as long as after 30 to 45 minutes. No error messages, no indication of a problem. The movie just stops playing or locks up and is returned to the library list. If I stop the movie when it locks up, I can hit play at the point it stopped and it will play all the way through (although it may lock up again).

I just recently turned on logging so I don't have anything yet. While troubleshooting, I downloaded a standalone VLC player and played movies using that which played just fine so the problem seems to be with Kodi? This is my advancedsettings:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>

Am I missing something stupid with Kodi? Or an addon or something? I am fairly new to Kodi so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I would try adding under network the following

<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>30</readbufferfactor>

and see if it helps

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Fingers crossed Smile
(2016-01-03, 14:38)Automan Wrote: I would try adding under network the following

<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>30</readbufferfactor>

and see if it helps

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Fingers crossed Smile

Great thanks!! I think I found the problem though. After catching some of the debug logs, this message kept repeating "16:58:25 T:19784 DEBUG: CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file Z:\Video\Movies\XXXX\XXXX.avi"This message seemed to pop up right before the movie stops. I removed this movie from my NAS and the library list then played a movie last night and no lock ups. Will keep your suggestion handy just in case. Thanks again!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Stops Playing Movies and Returns to Library0