Cannot record live tv
I just switched to Kodi with NextPVR and I cannot get it to record from the guide if I use the Aeon Nox skin. I tried a couple of others but the only one that will actually schedule a recording is when I use the Confluence skin. I bring the guide up, click on what I want to record and a menu pops up asking if I want to switch or add timer. I click on timer and it then asks if I want to record. Then I get a recording options screen. I select options and it schedules the recording. When using Aeon Nox or Black Glass Nova, Transparency or Back Row when I click on what I want to record it asks if I want to switch or set timer, when I click on timer it asks if I want to record but does not schedule the recording. I worked on this all day yesterday and part of today and no luck. Can anyone help me out I have been searching the forums and WIKI and have not found any answers. Is it possible that doing recordings from the guide is only possible with the Confluence skin? I really want to use the Aeon Nox skin as it has many features I like. Also I am only using it for OTA TV using 2 HD Home run tuners.
Kodi 15 and below required a custom screen in the nextpvr addon, to allow you to do recurring recordings etc. We only supplied the skin file for the default skin. If you wanted to use it with any other skin, you'd need to either talk to that skin maintainer about getting them to making a RecordPrefs.xml for that skin, or create your own (probably by copying RecordPrefs.xml as a first step).

In Kodi 16, this is no longer required, since added support for recurring recordings.
(2016-01-03, 02:35)sub3 Wrote: Kodi 15 and below required a custom screen in the nextpvr addon, to allow you to do recurring recordings etc. We only supplied the skin file for the default skin. If you wanted to use it with any other skin, you'd need to either talk to that skin maintainer about getting them to making a RecordPrefs.xml for that skin, or create your own (probably by copying RecordPrefs.xml as a first step).

In Kodi 16, this is no longer required, since added support for recurring recordings.

I suspected as much since I could not get it to work. If I upgrade to Kodi 16 will I lose all of the tweaks that I have set up in Aeon Nox? The Aeon Nox skin just seems more wife friendly. She likes navigating through it better than confluence skin
(2016-01-03, 03:49)1maynard Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 02:35)sub3 Wrote: Kodi 15 and below required a custom screen in the nextpvr addon, to allow you to do recurring recordings etc. We only supplied the skin file for the default skin. If you wanted to use it with any other skin, you'd need to either talk to that skin maintainer about getting them to making a RecordPrefs.xml for that skin, or create your own (probably by copying RecordPrefs.xml as a first step).

I suspected as much since I could not get it to work. If I upgrade to Kodi 16 will I lose all of the tweaks that I have set up in Aeon Nox?
Sorry, I can't answer that. I'm an expert in NextPVR, but not that knowledgeable of the inner workings of Kodi.
(2016-01-03, 03:49)1maynard Wrote: I suspected as much since I could not get it to work. If I upgrade to Kodi 16 will I lose all of the tweaks that I have set up in Aeon Nox? The Aeon Nox skin just seems more wife friendly. She likes navigating through it better than confluence skin

Kodi 16 introduces a bunch of changes to the skinning engine, so most Kodi 15 skins won't work or will only sort of work. The likelihood is that the version of the Aeon Nox skin you have won't work well with Kodi 16. You should check in the skin support forum on this site for information on Aeon Nox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot record live tv0