Cannot record live tv
I just switched to Kodi with NextPVR and I cannot get it to record from the guide if I use the Aeon Nox skin. I tried a couple of others but the only one that will actually schedule a recording is when I use the Confluence skin. I bring the guide up, click on what I want to record and a menu pops up asking if I want to switch or add timer. I click on timer and it then asks if I want to record. Then I get a recording options screen. I select options and it schedules the recording. When using Aeon Nox or Black Glass Nova, Transparency or Back Row when I click on what I want to record it asks if I want to switch or set timer, when I click on timer it asks if I want to record but does not schedule the recording. I worked on this all day yesterday and part of today and no luck. Can anyone help me out I have been searching the forums and WIKI and have not found any answers. Is it possible that doing recordings from the guide is only possible with the Confluence skin? I really want to use the Aeon Nox skin as it has many features I like. Also I am only using it for OTA TV using 2 HD Home run tuners.

I also posted this in the NextPVR forum on here looking for help. Mods, If one of these threads should be moved or deleted please do so.
Are you saying that once you schedule a programme to record, it physically does not record or are you saying that the programme just does not tell you it scheduled to record? If you're experiencing the latter, then I frequently get this same behaviour when using the Aeon MadNox skin, an alternative to Aeon Nox. That being said, although my timed recordings might not always show up as being set to record, they do all normally record still.

So if you're experiencing the same, then I agree It's quite strange behaviour, particularly based on my own experiences as well, because this does not seem to happen on every single occasion when I've scheduled something to record and will sometimes act as expected and show up in the timer dialog as a scheduled recording, but until now I've not really been able to determine what is causing this happen.....
(2016-01-05, 02:28)Dumyat Wrote: Are you saying that once you schedule a programme to record, it physically does not record or are you saying that the programme just does not tell you it scheduled to record? If you're experiencing the latter, then I frequently get this same behaviour when using the Aeon MadNox skin, an alternative to Aeon Nox. That being said, although my timed recordings might not always show up as being set to record, they do all normally record still.

So if you're experiencing the same, then I agree It's quite strange behaviour, particularly based on my own experiences as well, because this does not seem to happen on every single occasion when I've scheduled something to record and will sometimes act as expected and show up in the timer dialog as a scheduled recording, but until now I've not really been able to determine what is causing this happen.....

When using Aeon Nox or many of the other available skins it acts like it's scheduling a program to record but the program does not record. Today I added the RecordPrefs.xml file to the Aeon Nox files and I now get the same popups that show up on the Confluence skin but on the last pop up that asks if you want to record once, season etc the ok button does not light when clicked on and it still does not record. Close but no cigar. I switched back to Confluence today and set it to do 4 recordings and it is scheduling and recording them. It is beginning to look tike you cannot schedule recordings from the guide when using most of the skins except Confluence. I really like the Aeon Nox skin and hope someone can come up with a way to make it work. Hard to believe that the skin developers are leaving the most important PVR function out of these skins. I switched to Kodi NextPVR to get away from WMC and except for the recording issues the wife and I really like it. I am hoping that some of the skin developers will please look into this.
(2016-01-05, 03:26)1maynard Wrote: [When using Aeon Nox or many of the other available skins it acts like it's scheduling a program to record but the program does not record. Today I added the RecordPrefs.xml file to the Aeon Nox files and I now get the same popups that show up on the Confluence skin but on the last pop up that asks if you want to record once, season etc the ok button does not light when clicked on and it still does not record. Close but no cigar. I switched back to Confluence today and set it to do 4 recordings and it is scheduling and recording them. It is beginning to look tike you cannot schedule recordings from the guide when using most of the skins except Confluence. I really like the Aeon Nox skin and hope someone can come up with a way to make it work. Hard to believe that the skin developers are leaving the most important PVR function out of these skins. I switched to Kodi NextPVR to get away from WMC and except for the recording issues the wife and I really like it. I am hoping that some of the skin developers will please look into this.

As surprising as it might sound, from what I read in the past, many of the current skin developers do not use Kodi's PVR features or even have the necessary hardware installed. So it's more likely not to be a conscious decision to just leave these PVR functions out of their skins, but more a case that they have nothing to test the functionality out with.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot record live tv0