Android Kodi Client - Error trying to play live TV
Hello:
I have just got MP1.3 working as my backend. I have the TV Guide and everything working on the local machine including the MP client and the Kodi client.

I have the Nvidia Shield and an Android phone. I pointed them to the PVR host and get the TV option and the guide data. When I try to play a channel, I get a pop-up in the lower left of the screen indicating a problem accessing C:\ProgramData\TeamMedia.... Sorry I don;t have the exact path, My wife it watching TV and I can generate the error and it disappears real fast.

Seems like a permissions issue but I don;t know at what stage. I did enter my credentials for the Windows 10 machine and even created another local user for the client, On my Android phone, I did not put SMB client login info and get the same error.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Kevin.
(2016-01-03, 06:52)Brumey Wrote: Hello:
I have just got MP1.3 working as my backend. I have the TV Guide and everything working on the local machine including the MP client and the Kodi client.

I have the Nvidia Shield and an Android phone. I pointed them to the PVR host and get the TV option and the guide data. When I try to play a channel, I get a pop-up in the lower left of the screen indicating a problem accessing C:\ProgramData\TeamMedia.... Sorry I don;t have the exact path, My wife it watching TV and I can generate the error and it disappears real fast.

Seems like a permissions issue but I don;t know at what stage. I did enter my credentials for the Windows 10 machine and even created another local user for the client, On my Android phone, I did not put SMB client login info and get the same error.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Kevin.

The folder need to be accessible and shared. I got the exact same problem when I forgot to set up the SMB-share of the timeshift and recording folders.

Edit: On Android I also need to run FFmpeg in teh Kodi settings to get it working. No support for the original coding in TS-format.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Kodi Client - Error trying to play live TV0