• 7(current)
Release Walking out in protest and abandoning volunteer support for Kodi
Just want to state: Fritsch please don't leave the Kodi Team. You are a fantastic asset! And Koying your contribution to Android is also fantastic work. Coming from a Chromebox, Shield and Windows userSmile
(2016-01-05, 21:13)Robotica Wrote: Dropping Android support seems silly since it's the biggest platform at the lowest price for consumers. Then you will create a fork with, in the end, a larger userbase.
well, biggest user base using illegal add-ons and with likely worst Kodi experience due totally borked firmware from cheap chineese Android boxes. Not something we should be proud of, is it?
You don't have to be proud or dissappointed; it's out of your hands.
what I wanted to say is that from the perspective that we want users to have a good Kodi and media experience, that dropping Android support wouldn't be a bad decision. In addition it would also get rid of the annoying flood of Piracy-Android-Box support questions on the forum which I really can't stand anymore. Now being an Android-Box user myself because of Netflix and Prime, it would ofc be a pitty to loose it. And the misuse done by all the box vendors and sellers that want to make a quick dime with Kodi and piracy add-ons is not the fault of the Android platform in itself, but only Androids "success" as SmartTV replacement (for what reason ever people consider stock Android launchers with bad air-mice remotes as worth buying).

side note: I ofc don't have a cheap ass chinese box with cluncky air-mouse remotes and terrible UI but something decent
I also wanted to add, that if I knew now what would happen in porting Kodi for Android, I would have never done the port. I think that port has done more to damage the reputation of Kodi (pirates and parasites) as a whole than any other action.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
The OP has requested that this thread be closed.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Walking out in protest and abandoning volunteer support for Kodi3