Error changing start or end times of recording
Has anyone tried changing the start and end times of a recording in Kodi with MythTV as the backend PVR? I am finding that with a once off recording, it just doesn't change the times, and with a series record (which it would be nice to have an option of choosing all channels, not just one), it comes up with an error "An unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the log for more information."

Anyone else having this issue? One of my friends and I have just changed over from WMC to Ubuntu/Kodi/Myth and we are both having this issue.

I am really keen to have this feature, as when I record sport events (especially live Formula 1 etc), quite often the race will go overtime so I like to record 3hrs extra just in case.
It doesn't completely surprise me.
The current code tends to obsess about associated EPG entries a bit, so it may be ignoring the changed start&end times in the dialog box. As a work around you could try increasing start/end padding instead.

With regard to the problem you are reporting, can you post a debug log with 'extra debugging' turned on in the pvr.mythtv addon config page please. This should help focus in on the particular source of this problem. (See http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy)
Thanks, will do. As far as padding goes, can't do that for 2 reasons. First being I only want the extra time on certain programs, the next being that padding only goes to an hour, I will want a lot more than that for some things.
I would use Mythweb to manage all my recordings for MythTV. Kodi PVR just isnt quite there in my opinion for scheduling recordings (and i have been using mythweb since forever so just used to it)

Cheers!
(2016-01-04, 22:51)wyild1 Wrote: I would use Mythweb to manage all my recordings for MythTV. Kodi PVR just isnt quite there in my opinion for scheduling recordings (and i have been using mythweb since forever so just used to it)

Cheers!
+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
True, but the interface etc is all there to do it, why not just hook it up?
Because MythTV has their own frontend. I am not sure if any of the MythTV developers are those who write the Kodi add-on, or even how many people are working on it; it could easily be the situation that only one person, who does not contribute to MythTV, is responsible for the add-on. In the end, it's a resources issue.
Kodi mythtv has to fit within the kodi pvr framework, so there will be some limitations. But I have to say even when using mythfrontend, I used mythweb most of the time.

Also kodi mythtv will be limited by the API (which is a relatively recent addition to mythtv). mythfrontend is more integrated, more mature and has direct access to the backend's database. And of course it is developed by the same people as the rest of mythtv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
kodi pvr.mythtv frontend is definitely still a work in progress.

As someone who's contributed to it (I'm not the main maintainer), it still has some way to go, although I've been using my version (extra tweaks) for some time to schedule casual recordings on my RPi frontends (using a Millhouse build).

For searching further into the future (i.e. more than 3 days) I still revert to mythweb - it's much easier to search when you have a keyboard ;-)

Kodi's PVR interface is also improving. Jarvis is the first release I would consider using to schedule mythtv recordings seriously, but Krypton is looking better (it now provides separate 'Rules' and 'upcoming' views).
Yeah I noticed the same thing, you can change the ending time but the OK button definitely isn't saving.

Unfortunately, mythweb is totally broken with PHP7 Sad I started fixing it but it still needs some work.
(2016-01-04, 22:51)wyild1 Wrote: I would use Mythweb to manage all my recordings for MythTV. Kodi PVR just isnt quite there in my opinion for scheduling recordings (and i have been using mythweb since forever so just used to it)

Cheers!

Well, I ended up fixing the issues it caused with my web server (I am using the same machine as my web dev server) and started using mythweb. WOW! This is so awesome! So much control etc. In the end it would be nice to be able to do a lot of this within kodi, but for now this is a way better solution than anything I have seen before.

One note, the defaults don't always save (for example, I dont want it to check for duplicates, but it always does!).
Which version of kodi you use ? and which version of MythTV ?
Addon uses API from the backend even from Kodi. Today only Kodi Jarvis with MythTV 0.28-pre can handle correctly this. Also MythTV 0.28 has it own web pages (listening on port 6544) and you could manage rules directly from it.
I'm using 15.2 and 0.27.5. That's cool to know this is being changed in the new ones. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error changing start or end times of recording0