OS X how to add add-ons automatically
Hi,

I have been a long time user of Kodi/xbmc (currently 16 Beta 4). Throughout the years I have added quite a few add ons and now that I am getting a new Mac, I was wondering if there is an add-on folder I can copy and paste onto my new machine for the add ons to work on there as well, without going through the hassle of adding them manually.
I would really appreciate any help! And sorry for this newbie question...

Thanks,
Chinese
The add-on data is stored in a sub-folder of your Userdata (wiki) folder, and the add-ons themselves are stored in a sub-folder of the Kodi folder (one level higher than Userdata in the file tree).

If you copy those (either manually or via the Add-on:Backup (wiki)) then you should be able to continue on the new machine in the same state as the old one.

Looking in the wiki, depending on which version of OSX you are running you may need to unhide the userdata folder before you can see/access it - see Mac_FAQ#Userdata_folder_and_logs_are_hidden (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks DarrenHill!
Is there any way to do it manually on tvOS yet or does the device have to be jailbroken to have access to those folders? I know it has to be jailbroken for root access.
(2016-01-08, 19:32)Chinese1904 Wrote: Thanks DarrenHill!
Is there any way to do it manually on tvOS yet or does the device have to be jailbroken to have access to those folders? I know it has to be jailbroken for root access.

It is possible to make a backup of the data container for the app using Xcode

Just go into the devices window, select kodi, click the gear and then backup the data

Then you can control-click on the file it created and click show package contents

The folders under Library/Caches are the normal Kodi ones and can be modified like normal

After you modify the file just go back into Xcode and restore the data container and voilà!
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Thanks DanTheMan! I got it figured out now after your instructions, I hope to not have any other questions, but thanks to you and thanks to your iOS App Signer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to add add-ons automatically0