VNSI does not free storage for deleted recordings
Hi,

I am running openelec 6.0.0 with VNSI version="1.10.10" and VDR backend version="6.0.1". Many things run very well, EPG, recording, timeshift, .... very nice :-)

I see two minor issues:

1) VNSI deletes recordings from the GUI, but they are still present on the file system, i.e. the files are not deleted. I need to ssh into the box and delete them manually to free up the storage. Not a problem for me, but my dad for whom the box is intended would have trouble with this.

Is that a known issue? If not, how can I debug this? I do not see suspicious entries in kodi.log

2) When I activate timeshift to FILE, Live TV starts buffering every few minutes. kodi.log then contains

Code:
10:28:43 T:2818602048 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
10:28:43 T:2785047616 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
10:28:43 T:2743104576   ERROR: CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize - timeout
10:28:44 T:2785047616   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:28:44 T:2785047616  NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 32

This happens even if I never press stop, i.e. there is no need to write data to disk (which is a microSD card in my case). I assume timeshift unconditionally writes data to the disk (?).

Is there a good way to confirm that this is an SD card performance issue (w/o buying another one)?

Are there any known microSD cards which have sufficient performance to work with timeshift?

Thanks for the nice software
Rainer
1) see vdr documentation. New recordings will overwrite old ones that have the deleted flag. You even can undelete recordings.

2) no experience with timeshift on sd cards.
Thanks for your quick reply. The deletion mechanism is impressive, I just realized that now.

Though I did not find a reference to the undelete in

http://vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Vdr(5)

but I assume that deleting sets implicitly Lifetime to 0.

Does this mean that recordings should be on a separate partition to avoid that any partition is filled up?

For timeshift: Does timeshift always write recording data to disk (on not just on-demand when the pause button was pressed) ? Otherwise it would not make sense that enabling timeshift influences LiveTV....
Quote:Does this mean that recordings should be on a separate partition to avoid that any partition is filled up?

I would recommend this.

Quote:For timeshift: Does timeshift always write recording data to disk

In file mode yes. Otherwise you won't be able to navigate back. On my living room system I use an external 2.5 HD (USB 2). Should be ext4 formatted, NTFS does not work because the driver is crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI does not free storage for deleted recordings0